change the whole page to magenta

Started by elko, January 27, 2015, 07:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi.....

I need to change any object on the page to magenta....  something like "Convert to color space" in globals, but this global cant change to any CMYK separation only to spot....... may be I didnt find it... 

mattbeals

Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

elko

yes.... thanks... dont know what "remap" do you mean......

I have found this solution... I would like to know yours

1) action Convert Color to Gray and keep black text
but pit stop doesnt keep the same density :(

2) global Remap colors
from
Color Space Device gray
to
Color Space
Separation Magenta (found in "Separations" "Document Spot Colors")

but in "spot color picker" when I create new spot named magenta (0/100/0/0) I cant use it (solved..I didnt set "define as spot Color ....".........and there is in "Document Spot Colors" only "all" color for a CMYK pdf and for another CMYK pdf "all" "black" and "magenta"

any explanation?

swampymarsh

Do you have a sample document elko?

You just need any text/vector object/gradient/image to be made into a new spot colour separation coloured magenta?

Should all tints go to solid, or retain the original tint values?

Will this be for a varnish plate or for use with digital embellishment?

Should the spot colour have a specific name?

Will you work on a copy of the original document?

Or would having this stuff in a separate layer help (over the original)? Do the PDF files currently have any layers?

elko

Quote from: swampymarsh on January 28, 2015, 02:38:13 PMYou just need any text/vector object/gradient/image to be made into a new spot colour separation coloured magenta?
I need an action used generaly anytime.

Quote from: swampymarsh on January 28, 2015, 02:38:13 PMShould all tints go to solid, or retain the original tint values?
Of course the same. It is one of the problems. Pit stop doesnt keep the same tints after converting to a plate (gray and so on)

Quote from: swampymarsh on January 28, 2015, 02:38:13 PMWill this be for a varnish plate or for use with digital embellishment?
Digital.... why?..... the pdf should be the same, or not?

Quote from: swampymarsh on January 28, 2015, 02:38:13 PMOr would having this stuff in a separate layer help (over the original)? Do the PDF files currently have any layers?
It should be composite. No layers.

DCurry

This worked for me on your PDF. I used the Remap Colors (under Global Changes palette).
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

That works for me too although if there were CMYK and/or spot colors you would need to run it for each color present. For example, remap cyan to magenta, yellow to magenta, etc...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Yes, but he said he already converted to Gray first. The 2 steps could easily be combined into a 1-click action.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on February 06, 2015, 05:03:47 PMYes, but he said he already converted to Gray first. The 2 steps could easily be combined into a 1-click action.

He also said he wanted the same percentages as the original (retain the original tint values) and if you have for example a 50% yellow and convert it to gray it won't be a 50% gray which in turn means it won't be a 50% magenta. If he really wants the original tint values he should not convert to gray to start with...or ever for that matter.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

swampymarsh

elko, I asked questions to better understand your requirements, rather than presuming what you needed. I also thought that there may be a slight communication issue, so I asked specific questions to try be sure of what you were looking for.

Attached is a v12 action list.

I built the action around a different (more complex) document, as I was attempting to "cover all bases" and "make it bullet proof", however it works fine with your sample.

Single channel tints in vectors or rasters are honoured. It is harder to deal with two or more combined channels that have to be converted to a single channel value. I am not 100% satisfied with it, however I imagine that it suffices for most common uses.

Of course, you may not like the spot colour separation name that I used, you did not answer that question so you will likely have to change the spot colour name to whatever you like (however it is using 100% magenta as an alternate colour space build).

Work on a duplicate copy of the original file!

elko

thank you swam.... I ve just tried that..... the name is not important, the alternated color is......it work fine for the pdf, but I think it doesnt keep the same tints for rasters, try to aply it on this pdf.....https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RZW880FifXUkN4dmVxVk01eEU/view?usp=sharing
I have PS v11, might it be the problem?

for this moment global change Convert to color space brinks the best results.....set: separation and created spot "magenta" 0/100/0/0 and filled "force gray......"

mattbeals

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl8xgal3819bpsh/color%20to%20gray%20to%20magenta.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dt0lqpyvzew3j10/color%20to%20magenta.pdf?dl=0

Like one of these? One is Color remapped to process magenta. The other is color remapped to gray, then gray remapped to process magenta. Pro's and con's with both. Look at the differences.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

swampymarsh

It does work correctly on CMYK or grayscale rasters in my testing, providing they are a single channel only! That's the catch... As I mentioned, as soon as one has two combined plates – it is "hard" to remap multiple plates to a single plate and have a "correct" tonal value.

The first sample PDF was nothing like the second sample PDF. One may need different action lists targeted at different types of source files, otherwise a one size fits all conversion using one of the two methods mention by Matt may be best.

Quote from: elko on February 09, 2015, 06:07:49 AMthank you swam.... I ve just tried that..... the name is not important, the alternated color is......it work fine for the pdf, but I think it doesnt keep the same tints for rasters, try to aply it on this pdf.....https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RZW880FifXUkN4dmVxVk01eEU/view?usp=sharing
I have PS v11, might it be the problem?

for this moment global change Convert to color space brinks the best results.....set: separation and created spot "magenta" 0/100/0/0 and filled "force gray......"

elko

matt:.... the conversion through grayscale is better for vectors and straight to magenta for rasters looks to me .....what tools did you use for conversions?

I think the straight to magenta works better