Getting into prepress with binders and stuff

Started by baker7, July 25, 2016, 06:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I don't know. We're going stronger than ever and my owners aren't rocket scientists.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I think the purge has passed so maybe that's why you're seeing an upswing. Also helps when you have salesmen and people interested in making the business grow.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DPSprint

Quote from: Joe on July 28, 2016, 07:05:50 AMI don't know. We're going stronger than ever and my owners aren't rocket scientists.
I was going to say the same thing... but its a very different type of owner/business going forward from here, concentrating on the quick turnaround, shortish run stuff with a good digital printer and a couple of smaller a3 offset presses... and a good mix of lots of clients, so yes sales is actually important!
Having a natural disaster 5 years ago (actually its closer to 6 years now and was ongoing for at least 2 years... fkn earthquakes) also threw every business of every type here out of wack, the ones that have survived were the ones able to react and rebuild and get running again the quickest.
So many of the larger print companies here have merged with others, some successful but a few not.

Farabomb

I know the work is out there. One place that helped us when our platesetter was down just bought a brand new Heidelberg. There are shops around here that are working 7 days. Sadly, the boss has other interests here and instead of fixing them, he chooses to ignore them and take it out on his workers.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on July 28, 2016, 07:05:50 AMI don't know. We're going stronger than ever and my owners aren't rocket scientists.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine..."

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

born2print

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Ear

I could crush your head, like a nut... but I won't, because I need you
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

delooch

Quote from: born2print on July 29, 2016, 10:13:38 AM
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Ive been saying that shit for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass.

Ear

Normally, both your asses would be dead as fried fuckin' chicken, but I'm going through a transitional period...
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

delooch

one of my favorite lines from that flik:

you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark,

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

DPSprint

Farabomb

And you're surprised? At least we waited for the second page.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job