News:

Main Menu

80% K to 4c K

Started by Farabomb, January 28, 2015, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

I woke up to -16 by me. Guess what's giving me issues this morning?

Seems with the afga plate if it's too cold, you get less dot. Isn't that nice.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Try scraping the frost off before imaging. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Don't give him any ideas. He went looking for the heat gun when I told him... Yea, use an elephant gun as a flyswatter.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

our Kodak Approval had temp issues as well. If it got too hot or too cold the lasers would not fire.

(now gone by the wayside..  yes, I am sooo sad, :sarcasm: )
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Everyone go play the lottery. After 4 years of temperature issues the boss has seen the light and maybe I won't have to wear my jacket all day in here.  :banana:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on January 29, 2015, 02:51:09 PMEveryone go play the lottery. After 4 years of temperature issues the boss has seen the light and maybe I won't have to wear my jacket all day in here.  :banana:

It's a trap!!!!! CYA immediately!

Farabomb

Yup, tomorrow should suck royally if history is any indicator.  :death:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

StudioMonkey

In the UK we have a legal limit to how low the temperature can go in a workplace, but no upper limit.  One place I worked it got up to 120C in the summer.  That's extreme for Blighty.  No processor issues though.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

mattbeals

Quote from: StudioMonkey on February 02, 2015, 09:06:30 AMIn the UK we have a legal limit to how low the temperature can go in a workplace, but no upper limit.  One place I worked it got up to 120C in the summer.  That's extreme for Blighty.  No processor issues though.

120c? You should have been dead around 70.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Joe

Yeah, I bet that is painful when the sweat coming our of your skin boils.

StudioMonkey

Quote from: mattbeals on February 02, 2015, 11:29:29 AM
Quote from: StudioMonkey on February 02, 2015, 09:06:30 AMIn the UK we have a legal limit to how low the temperature can go in a workplace, but no upper limit.  One place I worked it got up to 120C in the summer.  That's extreme for Blighty.  No processor issues though.

120c? You should have been dead around 70.
120 farenheit I mean - we use both scales in the UK depending on which sounds better and I get confused  :old: :old:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

Seems the heat war is not over. Walked in today and the digital guy was telling me he was getting errors. If the fuser doesn't come up to temp in X amount of time it errors thinking something is wrong. It doesn't expect the temp to drop down to 53 at night so the inside of the machine is frigid.

Next person I run into is the pressman. They have been having problems with the console. Too cold and it won't turn on. He made a video showing how when you warm up the boards with the heat gun it turns on. Take it away and it will shut down shortly. It's totally temperature related but the boss didn't want to see the video proving it.

The pressman had to wait a hour before the console warmed up enough. I kill plates because it's just too cold for the thermal plates to image correctly. The digital machine errors because it's not made to deal with temp swings so extreme.

All this proof and the boss still says "I can't believe how that's possible". Wasted time on press, wasted plates just because he thinks not having the heat on when people aren't here is saving money. Yea, we also run some weird hours when rush jobs come in. Too cold and good luck getting anything done. Just because he thinks he's saving money on heat.

I'd even bet that it costs more having to heat this place from such a low temp rather than just maintaing a decent temperature.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

It does save on heating when you turn it down when no one is there. However he is probably losing that and more by the added production costs of having to wait for it to heat up before anyone can do anything. He needs programmable thermostats to kick the heat on an hour or two before anyone comes in. Or not to let it get so cold by keeping it about 64F when no one is there and them warming it up to about 70F right before the troops arrive.

Farabomb

We have programable thermostats I just feel the swing is too much during the week. I can understand having it low on the weekends.

Today is especially cold so it is taking longer for it to come up to temp. I normally have my lighter north face jacket and a wool hat on all day to be comfortable.

The EPA numbers on cars are better for highway driving because there isn't as much of a swing. City is worse because of the greater swing. He is stuck in his ways and won't change.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job