PDF back to Indesign

Started by nordeuk@hotmail.com, June 29, 2015, 07:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Hi all,

Anyone experience with the Recosoft or Markzwares PDF to Indesign plugin?

I have tried the Recosoft demo, which seems to work pretty well - unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a Markzware demo to compare with it.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Ear

hotmail is still in existence? :cane:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

mattbeals

Quote from: nordeuk@hotmail.com on June 29, 2015, 07:52:30 AMHi all,

Anyone experience with the Recosoft or Markzwares PDF to Indesign plugin?

I have tried the Recosoft demo, which seems to work pretty well - unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a Markzware demo to compare with it.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Works pretty well. For the most part the text comes in well and grabs the images. It's not easy to deconstruct a PDF and put it into InDesign. Some objects have a hard time or don't come in at all. For grabbing the text and images and general positioning it works well. It'll save some time (it's value proposition is real), but it won't be a sure thing to get "everything".
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Thanks for the reply Matt.  Yes, the demo has given great results for the text, which is really what we are after.   :banana:

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Quote from: Ear on June 29, 2015, 09:02:50 AMhotmail is still in existence? :cane:

Yupp.  Especially for forums so my personal email doesn't get clocked with crap   :hangme:

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black