68-Pin Male SCSI to 50-Pin Female SCSI

Started by Slappy, May 16, 2011, 03:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Yeah, it's one of those days. Trying to resurrect an old tape drive system and we have the 69-pin female-to-female cable but the card on the old-ass G4 is a 50-pin SCSI. Anybody have some surplus adapters lying around?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

mattbeals

I'll see if I can dig one up. You should look for a computer recycle center in your area.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

frailer

Looked on US eBay for you, as I had time. That would be a rare bird, by the looks. Off to look at adaptors on OWC... er, as I have time.   :laugh:

Well, there's this one ... but male/male. Could be a step, though; with 2 other adaptor plugs...   :undecided:

Stuff here as well. You've played with Connex, haven't you? Should be easy.   :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Slappy

Thanks for the ideas guys, I think I stumbled on the old Dell PowerEdge 4400 server this tape setup was hooked to & it appears to have a 68-pin cable internally I may be able to scavenge.The next hurdle will be software. The tape "array" is 3 drives in an enclosure and if I recall, they used some version of Veritas to run it, but I can't find those installs around the shop.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Captain_Type

68-pin male looking for 50-pin female to get SCSI with.

Enjoy long, dusty lounges in a cable drawer and 44 MB Scitex drives.

Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

Slappy

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca