Automator to rename files based on CSV list

Started by DCurry, February 10, 2016, 10:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Swampy, I tried the solution from your first link, but with limited success. I couldn't get it to work in Acrobat XI, amd in the post i there is an alternative script to use for XI, but I still got an error message telling me the CSV line count didn't match the PDF (when in fact it does match!)

Then I remembered I do have a machine running an older version of Acrobat, so I tried it there and Bob's yer uncle - it worked fantastically. This is a great solution for me because it is 1-stop shopping.

Joe, I now believe your solution sucks balls. Thanks for nothing.

(I'm kidding, of course - these are 2 ways of getting me the result I need and I can't thank either of you enough.)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

:rotf:

In my defense...you didn't ask for a way to do it in Acrobat. :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

True dat - didn't even know it was possible! I'm glad you saw the humor intended in my post. I do seriously appreciate the help.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

mauret

i tried the solution provided by Joe to rename tones of jpg, but my output characters are in Thai.....  and i end up with wierd characters.
is there any way to get Thai scripture on the output?