Help Wanted: Doodler

Started by Joe, May 19, 2015, 03:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

I quite like most of those.

Daughter was trying to explain what their SEO Officer does. Search Engine Optimisation.

They have to monitor and enhance/trim/adjust site content so that they stay well up in the GooSearches, as well as keep site fairly free of dead pages... 404s ....

If they start 'tripping up', PING! They get bounced to the bottom; have start scaling the cliff-face again. No appeals process there.
It is a pretty important job in a web-based enterprise.

Interesting how the big fish get bigger. Someone hit me with a neg Feedback on fleabay, first ever. I'd been sick, missed replying, item got relisted, he got shitty. But made no effort to inform me in advance. After some (probably pointless) exchanges with him, am now on appeals to fleabay to have it reinstated.
If they don't respond, (a customer service centre in India, I think), I'll just close it.

The behemoths are becoming opaque to their customers.

Yes, gumtree's an alternative, and I know they're owned by fleabay...  meh.

have I ranted enough? You sure?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

I'm the SEO Officer where I work. Of course there is no extra significance to it. And no extra money. And I still have to do prepress too. Just another duty tacked onto "prepress".

QuoteThe behemoths are becoming opaque to their customers.

You aren't wrong. Just try to talk to an actual human at some of the big internet fish...Google, Yahoo, eBay, Paypal, etc....it just isn't possible and if you don't like the decisions they make there is nothing you can do about it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

Quote from: Joe on May 19, 2015, 08:07:37 PMI'm the SEO Officer where I work. Of course there is no extra significance to it. And no extra money. And I still have to do prepress too. Just another duty tacked onto "prepress".

QuoteThe behemoths are becoming opaque to their customers.

You aren't wrong. Just try to talk to an actual human at some of the big internet fish...Google, Yahoo, eBay, Paypal, etc....it just isn't possible and if you don't like the decisions they make there is nothing you can do about it.
The lack of people you can understand that service anything these days are far few. Times have really changed. With all of these linear technologies one would think standards of living would increase, but it really has gotten worse. Its ugly.