Unbelievable Resource!

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, October 28, 2008, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

RAPE AND PILLAGE MY PREPRESS COHORTS! TAKE EVERYTHING!!!! LEAVE NOTHING!!!!
Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

OK - my stupid question for the day: how do I know what's free and what's not? Or is it all free and I'm being blonde today? The first thing I wanted to grab wanted money.... :angry:

And I am trying to search for specific images. The search seems very tough to navigate. Or it's just me.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Chelle

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Chelle on December 15, 2008, 02:32:30 PMOK - my stupid question for the day: how do I know what's free and what's not? Or is it all free and I'm being blonde today? The first thing I wanted to grab wanted money.... :angry:

And I am trying to search for specific images. The search seems very tough to navigate. Or it's just me.

Would you like them to download it for you too? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 16, 2008, 10:01:14 AM
Quote from: Chelle on December 15, 2008, 02:32:30 PMOK - my stupid question for the day: how do I know what's free and what's not? Or is it all free and I'm being blonde today? The first thing I wanted to grab wanted money.... :angry:

Would you like them to download it for you too? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
At this point? YES! Seriously... The blonde highlights are killing brain cells. I swear they are.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Foozball

I'll help you out.  :wink:
The only TRUSTED host sites from there I use are: Rapidshare, DepositFiles and occasionally FileFactory. There's nothing WRONG with the others, but I just don't like them.
They all give you limited downloads, so the idea is that you get ONE part of your document and want the rest immediately, so you need to subscribe or wait a while. If you're patient (and cheap like me), just collect one part of the file every hour or so and you'll eventually get it all.

Chelle

Quote from: Foozball on December 16, 2008, 11:38:02 AM

I'll help you out.  :wink:
The only TRUSTED host sites from there I use are: Rapidshare, DepositFiles and occasionally FileFactory. There's nothing WRONG with the others, but I just don't like them.
They all give you limited downloads, so the idea is that you get ONE part of your document and want the rest immediately, so you need to subscribe or wait a while. If you're patient (and cheap like me), just collect one part of the file every hour or so and you'll eventually get it all.
I'll have to play around more later. Thank you. :grin:

Chelle

Alright. I'm at home, drinking my wine, playing on the site. I am trying to find specific images for an ad that I am going to do for a customer. (Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm playing at being a "deziner" again.) So...

1. How can I do a fracking search that will find me what I want??? (Go ahead and tell me how I'm killing question marks now, Youston. :tongue:)

2. And of course then I need to make sure they are the free ones.

PS... My license plate on the Tahoe? DEZINER :evil:

DigitalCrapShoveler

The search engine blows. If you do a search, keep it one word and simple. After you have found nothing as a result... you'll do what I do... spend the next 10 or so hours going over every single page.

When I last needed some clipart, I found elements there, but ended up drawing most of it myself. The site has a wide range of art and photos, but it is sporadically strewn about... you just have to find it. I have a pretty extensive library, what are you looking for specifically?
Member #285 - Civilian

Chelle

1950's, Elvis-ish. They are having an Elvis birthday bash. I am thinking an old '50's style guitar.

And dammit! The Rapid Share site just shut me down... :laugh:

Chelle

Oh... Never mind. It says "try again in 7 minutes". :laugh:

youston

Quote from: Chelle on December 17, 2008, 08:32:00 PMAlright. I'm at home, drinking my wine, playing on the site. I am trying to find specific images for an ad that I am going to do for a customer. (Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm playing at being a "deziner" again.) So...

1. How can I do a fracking search that will find me what I want??? (Go ahead and tell me how I'm killing question marks now, Youston. :tongue:)

2. And of course then I need to make sure they are the free ones.

PS... My license plate on the Tahoe? DEZINER :evil:

Don't be ridiculous. Everybody knows that you can use as many question marks as you like ... it's just a button push, FFS!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: