News:

Main Menu

Portfolio Sites

Started by Slappy, February 03, 2014, 10:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Need a (probably) short-term site to post pics of printed samples, has to be able to provide access by invite or direct link only, and be blind from Public view, even if it comes up in a Google search. I'd thought about a Wordpress plug-in, but really don't want to dick around with installing & configuring one. Anybody have a decent site they use or have seen?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

You can use any site software including basic html and password protect the main folder and no one can get to it unless they know the user name and password.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mwc

Quote from: Slappy on February 03, 2014, 10:35:08 PMNeed a (probably) short-term site to post pics of printed samples, has to be able to provide access by invite or direct link only, and be blind from Public view, even if it comes up in a Google search. I'd thought about a Wordpress plug-in, but really don't want to dick around with installing & configuring one. Anybody have a decent site they use or have seen?

Try one of the many photo sharing sites, and make a private album to share (i.e. shutterfly, Google+ Images, Facebork?)

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on February 03, 2014, 11:20:55 PMYou can use any site software including basic html and password protect the main folder and no one can get to it unless they know the user name and password.
I don't want to code shit, if at all possible. My Wife is job hunting, and just needs to be able to temporarily post samples of projects she's worked on without her current employer finding them. And he's about one paranoid, nosy sumbitch. I started looking at the portfolio sites, I'll do some more digging later.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

If you already have web hosting there is nothing to code. You can do in CPanel by changing a couple of settings.

Slappy

She's got a URL parked with GoDaddy <shudder> that could actually suffice. I'll see if I can wrangle any access info out of her, it honestly hasn't been touched since she registered it a while ago.

Hell, I may just throw caution & sanity to the wind & install Piwigo!

Slappy

Damn, I went ahead & put Piwigo onto a server I have access to & it's pretty damned nice, and easy as shit to install. I'll have to troll through the ton of themes, plugins, mods etc. that are available.

Not sure it'l work for the intended purpose, since she doesn't want to use the site that's just parked for a professional portfolio (hates the names) but I'm going to mess around with the software anyway.

jannatul18

If you are a graphics designer then I would suggest Behance for showing the portfolio, its also offering free option.
Jannatul
Hobbyist photographer |graphic designer|
clipping path service expert

gnubler

Check this one out. I've been researching this recently. https://crevado.com/

It's free up to 30 images and an upgrade to 100 images is $4/mo. As far as being anonymous, just don't use your actual name when creating the account or URL. Initials, whatever.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

jannatul18

Quote from: gnubler on April 26, 2015, 09:46:00 PMCheck this one out. I've been researching this recently. https://crevado.com/

It's free up to 30 images and an upgrade to 100 images is $4/mo. As far as being anonymous, just don't use your actual name when creating the account or URL. Initials, whatever.
Is Crevado free to use? Is it free for life time?
Jannatul
Hobbyist photographer |graphic designer|
clipping path service expert

wonderings

If you have Adobe CC, you might want to try out the publish option they have. Gives you links to specific jobs to share. Not sure how secure it is though, I did not see anything about it in the settings

this was uploaded from Indesign CC (latest build)
https://indd.adobe.com/view/1814c3db-eb1a-46dd-b14b-32294e2bc85d

Joe

Yeah that creates an online flip book. It does a good job of it but what I don't like about it is that it is hosted on an Adobe server and you have no control over it. And of course there is limited disk space on that server too.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on June 24, 2016, 06:48:29 AMYeah that creates an online flip book. It does a good job of it but what I don't like about it is that it is hosted on an Adobe server and you have no control over it. And of course there is limited disk space on that server too.

I have honestly never used it till I saw it listed as a feature the other day when I updated indesign. Pretty sure it was there before but never bothered with it. Still doubt I will use it, though it is a nice option for the random customer who can't seem to open PDF's on their supposed smart phone

Farabomb

Smart phone, dumb user.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Having to host it on Adobes servers ruins it though. Other than that is is great. While you can view it on a phone I wouldn't want to do it a lot. Lot of zooming and scrolling to be able to see much. A large table would probably work pretty good though.

Here is a link to a publication I tested it on.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/8ac571c5-fb4d-44c4-8394-a241c4cc99cf