Help with font/logo

Started by KappAdv, October 02, 2009, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KappAdv

Here's the story.  Last year a competing paper sponsored an event at a local mall.  This year we are sponsoring it.  The mall used all the same logos as last year on all of the promotions but used our company name.  Unfortunately what they used is a 72 dpi web graphic.  We need to print a full color insert in our newspaper and need a higher res logo.  I was able to find a font on the web that matched but unfortunately it costs $$$.  The fonts that I think would work are either Casablanca or Carlos Bold.  Maye someone out there has similar free fonts to those and can type "Octoberfest" for me in Illustrator, create outlines and send.  I tried messing with live trace but am no good at it and got pretty poor results.  I have attached a sample.  Thanks for help anyone.

gnubler

I have known of forum members who would virtually tear out your asshole and make you wear it for saying you found a font you need but don't want to pay for it. That's not me, though.

I checked - I don't have either of those. Good luck.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

KappAdv

Sorry I didn't mean for someone to use one of the fonts that cost money.  I thought they may have a free font that I couldn't find similar to the one in the logo.

Tracy

Is Casablanca Antique the same font, I would be willing to do the outline thing if its the same.

Tracy

does not look the same, just saw your attachment.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Not the same font. Carlos Bold looks like Decotura, but there is no lowercase.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

don't have the font myself.

I tried to outline the file you attached, but it's low res and yields a crappy outline (pixelated to say the least), even after tweaking it, it still looks a little rugged.

the font is close to futura, a few of the letters are off tho.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

beermonster

why not redraw paths in photoshop and export to illy - no more than half hour
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world