Separating reader spreads PDF in single page PDF

Started by Made in Taiwan, September 25, 2014, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingPages

The PDF Tools are extra. Did you try its imposition?

FlyingPages PDF Imposition: WYSIWYG. Download it at www.PrintNuke.com

DigitalCrapShoveler

:hangme:
Quote from: FlyingPages on November 12, 2014, 04:03:51 PMThe PDF Tools are extra. Did you try its imposition?

Who are you speaking to? I don't need it, I have imposition software already.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

:lmao:  Right? It's like trying to sell a hot dog to a guy eating a ribeye.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Ear on November 12, 2014, 04:17:36 PM:lmao:  Right? It's like trying to sell a hot dog to a guy eating a ribeye.

Eloquently put. :lmao:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I would have tried a Mac version if it were available. Just for curiosity sake though. Not to actually use as I have imposition software as well. But I like to keep up with other things out there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on November 12, 2014, 04:39:33 PMI would have tried a Mac version if it were available. Just for curiosity sake though. Not to actually use as I have imposition software as well. But I like to keep up with other things out there.

Me, too, but Adobe killed Freehand. :hello:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 12, 2014, 04:42:47 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 12, 2014, 04:39:33 PMI would have tried a Mac version if it were available. Just for curiosity sake though. Not to actually use as I have imposition software as well. But I like to keep up with other things out there.

Don't just blame Adobe. If you look closely at the grassy knoll you can clearly see a second shooter.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on November 12, 2014, 04:52:12 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 12, 2014, 04:42:47 PM

Don't just blame Adobe. If you look closely at the grassy knoll you can clearly see a second shooter.

And his name is Beer.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Not having a Mac version is going to hurt. Prepress is still chock full of Macs so you may want to consider creating one.

I too have impo software but like Joe I like to look at all options.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gig0

Quote from: FlyingPages on November 12, 2014, 04:03:51 PMThe PDF Tools are extra. Did you try its imposition?

Careful. Unless it's a false positive, the installer shows as being infected with a trojan. Could explain why theres no Mac version.

Prinergy Evo <option 8> Colorproof XF <option 8> Epson 7800's (shut up) <option 8> Screen Platerite 4200 & Lotem 400  <option 8> Various Konica & OCE digital printers

FlyingPages

Thank you. Scanned the file on the website again, and no virus found.

The program was done using WPF and .NET Framework. There is no support of WPF on Mac. We are also looking for an easy way do a Mac version. And probably we need to completely rewrite the UI.

FlyingPages PDF Imposition: WYSIWYG. Download it at www.PrintNuke.com

gig0

Quote from: FlyingPages on November 18, 2014, 10:46:54 AMThank you. Scanned the file on the website again, and no virus found.

thats because the URL scanner is different than the File scanner. From the VirusTotal FAQ:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/faq/#url-scans
Very often URL scanners and antivirus engines are independent solutions even though they may belong to the same company, hence, detecting a given URL as malicious does not necessarily mean that the file located at such URL will also be detected, and vice-versa.

Prinergy Evo <option 8> Colorproof XF <option 8> Epson 7800's (shut up) <option 8> Screen Platerite 4200 & Lotem 400  <option 8> Various Konica & OCE digital printers

Andy

I found the Dysprosium Software Suite (Dolce edition) can achieve this requirement. Please use its split tab. One feature of this tab is to revert two pages already unified in one page of a PDF back to the original one page PDF files.
It can also works for 4-page unified back to page separated files.
Please note that this cannot revert imposition configured pages. But only when pages faced each other or at the top of each other in sequence.

For 2-pages it works both portrait (2 pages at the top of each other) scheme and land scape style (2 pages faced each other similar to the requirement of this question).

You are able to convert, say, a 1000 pages book back to a 2000 pages file, using this feature.
Software is free and portable and does need to be installed.