FrisB international calling

Started by frailer, October 31, 2014, 07:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

... anyone have a need for this? It's  a way of getting hi-qual, free, calls. I won't try and explain it... blog link will do that.

FrisB.com  Runs on Chrome only (not a biggie).

Blog interview

One of the devs is working with my daughter in her new job, I think integrating it into their web stuff. I've tested... works a treat. No Skype-style harassing for credit.. stuff like that. Works by exploiting the Missed call manager level...
Have fun.

...OK, I shall try and explain the underlying concept; can't help myself. You're sending the target number a deliberate 'missed call'. They will be 'in the know' as to why. Once they respond to it... hey, presto; free, hi-qual call connect, once you've answered (picked up) their call-back.
Am assuming that Big telco won't be able to easily block that procedure, as it's so germain to the structure/framework. They use WebRTC, as you'll see if you read the link.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Pretty neat. I don't understand 99% of the mumbo jumbo but I'm all for FREE! ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on October 31, 2014, 09:02:09 PMPretty neat. I don't understand 99% of the mumbo jumbo but I'm all for FREE! ;D
I think this bit's the key to it. It bloody works... audio is great. Call hook-up simple...

QuoteMissed calls also permits us to fly in under the billing radar and then back over the billing brick wall ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHH7F77fEw
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

delooch

the wife was in hong kong for 2 weeks earlier this month. We used an app call "viber" (no, we use other apps for that) - "free" calls, texts, multimedia messaging.  she was in HK on shitty public wifi, i was at home/work/at large on shitty wifi & tmobile 4g, it worked pretty much flawlessly, the only hiccups were on her end when the public wifi got to congestes..

frailer

Yeah, have used viber. Not bad, but our results were patchy at times. But that was Europe.>OZ.
I think the fact that the frisB connection is via webRTC within GoogleChrome means it's higher quality and stable.

Made in Taiwan

So there are really no costs for anyone? Or will it charge the person who picked up my call? Would be an interesting thing for me since I am living abroad and need to call my parents frequently, but if they'd have to pay the call, I'd rather continue to use Skype and pay myself instead.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

frailer

Local call cost. So, say you call from the Land of Giant to home, via frisB. Your parents (woman in Capetown with glasses on). 
You, the large nerd in NY, then get a call-back from them, as it's shown up as a 'missed call' their end. They pay a local call fee, whatever that is.
Then you have a high quality voice connection which is time-unlimited. Am guessing it may be easier to do from your laptop. You need to be doing it from GoogleChrome (Canary) for it to run, as it uses webRTC.
For you, it would certainly be worth a go and experiment.. I find Skype connections can be patchy sometimes.