News:

Main Menu

Violet systems

Started by Farabomb, January 29, 2015, 11:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Besides Frailer is anyone here running violet system? I had a salesman come in blowing smoke how his violet plate is amazing and what have you.

I see almost no talk about violet plates, everything is thermal. The last time I used a V plate it was back in 99 with the LAP-V. Nasty chemistry, a bitch to clean and the resolution wasn't amazing.

I know, it's a salesman and his lips are moving so he's lying... but is it really the case?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

We used process violet at the old shop. I thought it was great but I have nothing to compare to. The last plates we were using were the Fuji LPNV-2. Got more out of the chemistry and the plates lasted longer than the ones we used before them. (LPNV-1)

I think Frailer and I had the same set up.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Ear

I have a Mercury Vapor lamp and a vacuum frame I can sell you. Nothing beats analog. ;D
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

With our setup here we're only a half step up from a violet frame.

When the guy AGFA sent to setup the new plates came I showed him my ECRM CAT88. He looked like I just showed him the ark of the covenant.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Yo yo, capstan roller in da house!
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black