Digital Printer RIPs - What are you using

Started by Ear, August 13, 2015, 11:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Talking to my friend that is a copier repair man can be amusing. He was describing one of his machines and pulled up the brochure from the manu. They say it's a 4800 dpi machine... it images each color at 1200, 1200x4= 4800 dpi in their world. I had to inform him that not really how it works, if it did I have a 9600 dpi machine.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

:lmao:  so by that logic, a 72dpi, CMYK image would actually be 288dpi! And all this time I've been telling people their stuff is low res. The shame. :-[
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

StudioMonkey

EFI Command Workstation 4 running to a pair of Xerox Docucolour 240s.  The RIP is running on a Windows XP machine.  It was probably the dog's bollocks when it was new but that was a long time ago.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana