Looking for suggestions to replace aging Print Console

Started by pworden, July 14, 2015, 07:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pworden

We're driving our aging Trendsetter with an equally old Dell Powered 4600 running Print Console. No support on this box and it's starting to have regular errors such as battery reconditioning (not a problem), no Windows Update, etc. It's only a matter of time before we'll have to replace it.
So, I'm looking for a TIFF Downloader to shoot XMF 1-bit TIFFs to the Trendsetter. I'd rather not replace it with a working but old system. 
Any recommendations?
Thanks!
Commercial Sheetfed Offset  + Digital; XMF, Trendsetter, XMF Remote, Xerox digital, XMPie, Heidelberg SM74, Epson 9600, HP5500 Spinjet, IQ-Smart, X-Rite CMM.

Ear

I'm using Raster Blaster as a Tiff catcher out of XMF (Sierra).
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

Looks like your running Fuji with the Trendsetter
I couldn't use the Raster Blaster, they hooked it up when I got XMF, but it wouldn't work,
something about the cables.
I have a guy that use to work for Kodak, hook up another Print Console.
You will have to see if the Raster Blaster will hook up I guess, which would be great!
My trendsetter is an 800 which may have had something to do with it.

pworden

Thanks for the suggestions – we have an 800 as well.
Commercial Sheetfed Offset  + Digital; XMF, Trendsetter, XMF Remote, Xerox digital, XMPie, Heidelberg SM74, Epson 9600, HP5500 Spinjet, IQ-Smart, X-Rite CMM.

andyfest

Fuji may have an adapter box that could act as a go-between for a new server and the older cabling on your platesetter. They showed me a set-up to replace our W2000 Gateway server with a new XMF Gateway with the adapter in between that and our old T9000 (Screen 8600).
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

pworden

Quote from: andyfest on July 14, 2015, 06:14:46 PMFuji may have an adapter box that could act as a go-between for a new server and the older cabling on your platesetter. They showed me a set-up to replace our W2000 Gateway server with a new XMF Gateway with the adapter in between that and our old T9000 (Screen 8600).
Yes, I do recall they had something like that. I'll get pricing on that as well. Thank you.

Tracy

zox

We have one of the oldest Trendsetters 800 with SCSI connection.
Before our old Print Console died, I made disk image with Acronis.
When box died, we bought new PC, moved old SCSI card into it and I imaged back old Print Console.
It worked like a charm and was quick and painless.

That has been 5 years ago and box is still running like new.
I am not bothering any more since our Trendsetter is End of Service life next year so we will be replacing Trendsetter with hopefully better more automated solution and will get new Tiff catcher or something.