Preps license swap?

Started by RMPrepress, July 20, 2015, 11:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMPrepress

If I was given a version Preps 5.2 with a dongle and a License number is that all I would need to get it up and running?
I thought I recall reading on this site about how I would need to get Kodak involved :shoots_self: to swap the license over.

A customer of ours that used to do their own printing in house and no longer does was inquiring about giving us their old Preps.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Joe

Not 100% sure the license file will copy over correctly. I think I've ran into that when copying from one to the other but it might work. It should work if they give you the info they entered to create the license file originally and you use that to create the new license file. You probably won't have any trouble from Kodak unless you try to upgrade that license from Preps 5.x to 6.x or 7.x. They may not allow the upgrade if it isn't your name on the license.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

RMPrepress

Thanks Joe, we have 3 versions of Preps 5.3.3 running now and we are at the point where we need to upgrade those Mac stations running 10.6.8 to at least Mavericks for running new Adobe and Quark etc....we have held out as long as we can!!
Probably moving from Nexus 10.1.3 to Kodak Prinergy in the next 6-9 months and thought we could use another Preps and keep it at 5.3.3 on an older Mac Pro that can't run Mavericks and later anyway.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP