Separating reader spreads PDF in single page PDF

Started by Made in Taiwan, September 25, 2014, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Made in Taiwan

Doing it manually might let you end up with an even more messed up file. Once you lose concentration, and boooom, it happened...
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I've seen it way too many times, where the file doesn't exactly line up in the fold. More times than I would feel comfortable wasting my time running an automated action and checking only to discover I am going to be spending the next 30 minutes grabbing points in Pitstop to make them line up. If I do it manually, I've saved myself the trouble.

When I say way too many times, I mean just about every time.

I guess I'm the only one with customers that are half ass. :sarcasm:
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 14, 2014, 07:38:04 AMI've seen it way too many times, where the file doesn't exactly line up in the fold. More times than I would feel comfortable wasting my time running an automated action and checking only to discover I am going to be spending the next 30 minutes grabbing points in Pitstop to make them line up. If I do it manually, I've saved myself the trouble.

I've never seen the Pitstop action do it wrong unless the page isn't centered in the first place. Which isn't Pitstops fault. The Prinergy split page function would fail in that case as well. I know in any of the automation we have in place it never fails because of the process. It only fails because of human failure on the front end. The failure rate of humans is much higher than that of a computer. :toaster:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on October 14, 2014, 10:15:37 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 14, 2014, 07:38:04 AMI've seen it way too many times, where the file doesn't exactly line up in the fold. More times than I would feel comfortable wasting my time running an automated action and checking only to discover I am going to be spending the next 30 minutes grabbing points in Pitstop to make them line up. If I do it manually, I've saved myself the trouble.

I've never seen the Pitstop action do it wrong unless the page isn't centered in the first place. Which isn't Pitstops fault. The Prinergy split page function would fail in that case as well. I know in any of the automation we have in place it never fails because of the process. It only fails because of human failure on the front end. The failure rate of humans is much higher than that of a computer. :toaster:

I don't disagree at all. That's is pretty much what I said above.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

Why are there 2 separate threads for so similar a topic?
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

I'm thinking the threads were in spreads, but were split by the Mighty Joe?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Because one is about splitting reader spreads that were output as spreads and the other is about the way Acrobat can display either single pages or spreads when the PDF pages have been output as single pages. There is a difference.

Joe

Quote from: Ear on October 14, 2014, 10:31:51 AMI'm thinking the threads were in spreads, but were split by the Mighty Joe?

Not me man....I'm just the janitor.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on October 14, 2014, 10:32:10 AMBecause one is about splitting reader spreads that were output as spreads and the other is about the way Acrobat can display either single pages or spreads when the PDF pages have been output as single pages. There is a difference.

Okay, I thought just personally, they were too similar. As far off topic as we are? Those are practically identical.
Member #285 - Civilian

FlyingPages

Recommend FlyingPages PDF Imposition. In addition to imposition, It has a Acrobat Plugin which has lots of useful tools, such as splitting pages, merge files, change page orders, change page size, etc. See screen capture.

FlyingPages PDF Imposition: WYSIWYG. Download it at www.PrintNuke.com

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 12, 2014, 03:52:44 PM$499? You buckin' for early retirement?

No Mac version either. I'd demo it for the imposition if it had a Mac version but I'm not trying it on Windows. :puke:

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black