News:

Main Menu

BlackMagic

Started by kermit, October 03, 2007, 10:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

BlackMagic dongle. Anyone interested. With or without Harlequin MicroTorrent dongle
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Joe

Hmmmm....does it run the latest version of BlackMagic and do you have the software to go with it?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

kermit

I have the software and all the setup info but it's the previous version. 2.62. It's still work great as long as you know BlackMagic software.  I used to use it to match proofs from USA Today, NY Times and Wall Street Journal. Newer version is easier to use but I never had the need to upgrade as it did what is suppose to do. Since I switched to gmg for my hi-end papers I wanted to have one software for all my inkjet proofing needs. Now I only use gmg for everything. I think BlackMagic has the best dot proofing technology (RealDot) in the business.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Joe

Is this Serendipity Blackmagic for softproofing? That is what I am looking into.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

kermit

Quote from: Joe on October 03, 2007, 12:22:53 PMIs this Serendipity Blackmagic for softproofing? That is what I am looking into.
Yes

rtwdwk

Quote from: Joe on October 03, 2007, 12:22:53 PMIs this Serendipity Blackmagic for softproofing? That is what I am looking into.

you are going to need to go up to V3.X if you want calibrated softproofing with Black Magic.
V2 had some basic soft viewing.

I am currently the largest US install of Black Magic, not using it for softproofing at the moment, but will in the future.

whoami

is it sold yet?  how much are you asking for it?