Anybody have this Elks Lodge logo in vector format?

Started by Fontaholic, July 02, 2015, 07:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have the following Elks lodge logo available in vector format?

If so, would you be willing to share it with me?

The slogan at the bottom isn't important, but I do need the "two-flag" version of their logo, which isn't as common as the usual seal.

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Farabomb

They care and they share. Email them and see if they will share the vector logo.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

I actually just looked though 6 PDF's on google and didn't see the "2 flag" logo anywhere.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

This page says you can get the vector logo but you have to install some kind of crapware which I'm not going to do.

http://www.freelargeimages.com/elks-lodge-logo-vector-5024/

They do have a large jpeg which might work for you.

http://www.freelargeimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Elks_Lodge_Logo_Vector_01.jpg
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on July 02, 2015, 09:31:58 AMThis page says you can get the vector logo but you have to install some kind of crapware which I'm not going to do.

http://www.freelargeimages.com/elks-lodge-logo-vector-5024/

They do have a large jpeg which might work for you.

http://www.freelargeimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Elks_Lodge_Logo_Vector_01.jpg

Unfortunately, I need to spot-color-separate the logo, which is the problem I've run into before with this chapter...  :-/

Cheers,

Joe

Try taking the hi res jpeg and opening it up in Illustrator and do a trace on it.

Possum

Brands of the World website might have it. You have to join up (free) but they have lots of vector logos, even for organizations.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

David

I looked on brands of the world, no joy.
I was wondering, if it is supposed to be spot colors, and there is only 2 (the red and the blue), open it up in photoshop and delete the black and yellow channel, take the cyan and magenta channels, use a curve to bump them up to a solid, voila, instant 2 color logo.

You could then do the Illustrator trace thingie if you need.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Fontaholic

I even emailed the Elks directly for logo assistance, and this was the reply I got:

Dear Mr. Hall,

Your message to the Editorial Department at the Elks Magazine has been forwarded to this office for response.

Please be advised there is a policy in place which requires requests for usage of any Elks trademark to come to us in writing from either the Exalted Ruler or Secretary of a Lodge.  Their request must include their name, title, Lodge number and intended usage of the trademark(s).  If approved by these national headquarters, the artwork can be forwarded to the Lodge Officer requesting usage.  He or she must then provide it to you.

Additionally, the artwork being requested is a violation of our trademark.  Elks trademarked marks may not be altered in any way.  They stand alone.  Also, the U.S. flag is never to be attached to any trademark.

Please have either the Lodge Secretary or Exalted Ruler of North Attleboro Lodge follow the proper procedure for requesting use of our trademarked marks.  If they choose to send their request via e-mail it should be sent to the Grand Secretary for approval at GrandLodge@elks.org

:banghead:

Cheers,

DCurry

I'd say none of that is your problem. It's not your job to ensure the local lodge is following the rules.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

You tried to get something done the right way??  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Slappy on July 14, 2015, 08:51:08 AMYou tried to get something done the right way??  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I know!!

Duh on my part...

Cheers,

Fontaholic

Quote from: DCurry on July 14, 2015, 08:35:20 AMI'd say none of that is your problem. It's not your job to ensure the local lodge is following the rules.

I think this is why the original order of their letterhead from a year or two back, ended up falling through, because they couldn't provide an adequate logo.  But my memory could be cheating...

Cheers,

Joe

Well here is a spot separated PDF @ 2400 dpi. The quality is not great if used at this size (6.5" square) but if reduced down to logo size should be adequate.

All Hail the Exalted Ruler and his Grand Secretary under his desk!