News:

Main Menu

QR codes

Started by Laurens, November 22, 2009, 10:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Quote from: Foozball on February 26, 2013, 02:02:00 PMOK, reviving the DEAD! (thread)

If you guys were a start up business (first sale last week) and you needed a QR code supplier, who would you go with, or would you start by generating them yourself?
The online generators are really only good for single or very small quantities of codes, and there isn't any (easy) way to track usage. You can do simple analytics by tying it to a Google, which is kind of cool but it's a lot of work if you get into any volume of codes.

I personally like Kerem Erkan's generator, it makes nice vector formatted files and has a lot of other options.

If you want to hosted tracking & heavy analytics and all that crap I'll dig up some of my other resources, just say the word!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

You can also do QR codes in Fusion Pro
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on February 27, 2013, 01:31:04 PMYou can also do QR codes in Fusion Pro
**only in the latest release
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Is the latest release as buggy as the version we purchased about a year ago?  :sleepy:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on February 27, 2013, 03:46:05 PMIs the latest release as buggy enhanced as the version we purchased about a year ago?  :sleepy:

Fixed.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Foozball

Quote from: Slappy on February 27, 2013, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: Foozball on February 26, 2013, 02:02:00 PMOK, reviving the DEAD! (thread)

If you guys were a start up business (first sale last week) and you needed a QR code supplier, who would you go with, or would you start by generating them yourself?
The online generators are really only good for single or very small quantities of codes, and there isn't any (easy) way to track usage. You can do simple analytics by tying it to a Google, which is kind of cool but it's a lot of work if you get into any volume of codes.

I personally like Kerem Erkan's generator, it makes nice vector formatted files and has a lot of other options.

If you want to hosted tracking & heavy analytics and all that crap I'll dig up some of my other resources, just say the word!
"the word" !!!
thanks man

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on February 27, 2013, 03:51:20 PM
Quote from: gnubler on February 27, 2013, 03:46:05 PMIs the latest release as buggy enhanced even more bloated than the version we purchased about a year ago?  :sleepy:

Fixed.

Fixed. 2
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Foozball

By some chance, does anyone know how to extract the "Check In" URL from Facebook, so I can generate the QR codes to link directly to "checking in at X - bar" instead of going to FB first?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on February 28, 2013, 12:11:41 AMI don't know much about Facebook though I do use it some...

Wow, that sucks. I'm about to redo a site from scratch and announced straight away that I "don't do facebook". I'm leaving it in the hands of the wordy & clueless.

Slappy

Quote from: Foozball on February 27, 2013, 11:59:54 PMBy some chance, does anyone know how to extract the "Check In" URL from Facebook, so I can generate the QR codes to link directly to "checking in at X - bar" instead of going to FB first?
Hrm, challenge - Accepted!!!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Foozball

Go Slappy, go Slappy, go Slappy-go-go! {repeat, repeat }

Slappy

Yeah, don't think this is possible. The Facebook check-in appears to be tied to their API, so there's not really a URL that can be extracted. Pisser.

Edit to add:

Okay, maybe it is possible but I think you have to go through a service that generates the QR based on the FB API. Scan this code and it should take you directly to that company's FB Check-In page:;

http://wilsonprinting.blogspot.com/2011/10/october-e-news-facebook-check-in-qr.html

The site they're using is Youscan.me but I can't see any pricing or info without creating a login.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Slappy on March 01, 2013, 10:31:39 AMYeah, don't think this is possible. The Facebook check-in appears to be tied to their API, so there's not really a URL that can be extracted. Pisser.
The Mark Fuckerberg is a clever fuck.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Foozball

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 01, 2013, 10:35:50 AM
Quote from: Slappy on March 01, 2013, 10:31:39 AMYeah, don't think this is possible. The Facebook check-in appears to be tied to their API, so there's not really a URL that can be extracted. Pisser.
The Mark Fuckerberg is a clever fuck.
When my patent gets big, imanna buy Facebook off that Zucchiniburg guy, and allow myself to use the HTML for checking in! That'll show him!!