New proofer

Started by Farabomb, June 21, 2016, 08:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozball

Quote from: Possum on June 23, 2016, 08:20:16 AMAnything that will supposedly make "heaps of money" tends to be too hard. Or cost more than they thought to start. Or anything else reality throws in their faces.
THIS is why their faces are stupid!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_U6Rf414AFE/Ta_L-hSiM5I/AAAAAAAAADs/oUdZSHv3oLI/s1600/hipster-mustache-demotivational.jpg

wonderings

Quote from: swampymarsh on June 23, 2016, 08:07:39 AM
Quote from: Ear on June 21, 2016, 11:35:14 AMI totally agree. The Epson wants to be run. If mine sits for a couple days, I will most likely need to clean the printhead. And the first one will often not verify.

You need to turn the unit off at the front panel using the round gray standby power button if it is going to sit idle for any length of time. You will hear the heads being parked and capped to help stop them drying out. You may still need to do nozzle checks and cleaning rounds, however you should have less maintenance to do by capping the heads than by leaving the machine on and the heads exposed. Yes, these machines like to run, not sit.

I was told opposite of that, leaving the machine on it does its own cleaning and checks. Not sure when, assuming it is set to do it late at night.

Farabomb

Mince never goes off and yeah, there are some clooged heads every once and a while. I run a nozzle check and it's all hunky dory. I can't remember the last time I power cleaned it.

I had the thing half apart and then one of our proofer customers needed prints.  :shoots_self:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

Has anyone ever taken off the carriage assembly on an epson 9800? I have it mostly apart right now. I followed the field guide and it goes as far as to what you have to take off but stops at the removal of the actual carriage. I have a feeling there is something dragging or a bearing going bad and I want to have a look but damn if I can't figure out how to get it off.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

Quote from: wonderings on June 21, 2016, 09:31:24 AMWe upgraded to an Epson 9900 from an old Epson 10600. Fantastic machine, very quick, great colours and love the fact that I can print edge to edge on a sheet, saving me cutting time for posters that match the width of my paper.

Not sure how it compares to the 9800, but I doubt you would be disappointed. Epson recently updated the Epson 9900 to the Epson 9000
http://www.epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/jsp/Pro/SeriesSureColorP7000P9000/Overview.do?UseCookie=yes

I prefer new when it comes to wide format, you just never know what the print heads will be like or anything else, could be a real headache if you are not sure about a used machine.
Looking at the P9000 now, and dayum they're pricy! I think we paid less that $4K a piece for our pair of 9890 Epsons but now hearing that they're close to obsolescent, especially for parts. Good thing we're in such a lucrative industry where money is no barrier!!!  :rotf:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.