iPhone battery replacement.

Started by frailer, January 23, 2012, 08:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Wife has a work iPhone, previous gen (1GB) . Not sure of model, but about 3 years old. What's the go with battery replacement? getting hot and not holding charge too well. Told in the country town where she is today that she needs to 'send it to Apple'   :undecided:  If you could get a battery, is this a home/DIY job?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

delooch

disassembling and iphone is not for the weary. i consider myself to have skills and after opening it, i kind of wish i didnt. it survived. id recommend sending it in..

there are about 1000+ walkthroughs/guides on youtube that demonstrate

Farabomb

Place fingernail in cutout on back panel. Lift gently until cover comes free. Remove battery, replace with fully charged one. Replace back cover. Done.

Oh, wait this is a iPhone, sorry thought it was a android.  :wink:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

Here are all the walkthroughs I trust. Find your Wife's model & see if it's worth it, I'd be inclined to just get a new model honestly.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.