He-e-elp! backsave please...

Started by frailer, December 22, 2011, 03:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on August 30, 2012, 04:15:40 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 30, 2012, 04:08:52 PMI'm way too confused to continue this anymore. :laugh: I'm out.

Maybe you need a cigarette? How long has it been?

2 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours and 50 minutes.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 30, 2012, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 30, 2012, 04:15:40 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 30, 2012, 04:08:52 PMI'm way too confused to continue this anymore. :laugh: I'm out.

Maybe you need a cigarette? How long has it been?

2 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours and 50 minutes.

Not that you are counting though. :laugh:

(good job)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Thanks. Billy and Nick are also on the kick. So far, that's 8 or 9 of us in my shop that have quit in the last 2 weeks.
Member #285 - Civilian

StudioMonkey

It's easy to give up smoking - I've done it hundreds of times . . .

Seriously though, DCS you have my respect for even trying.  I hope it gets easier for you.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

If you do quit, what are you going o do with the extra money?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

upgrade his newspaper subscription prolly...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

PrepressCrapFixer

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 31, 2012, 09:03:31 AMIf you do quit, what are you going o do with the extra money?
A few more dances with Mary Jane I propose.
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000

Diddler

Client now supplies me 4th round of changes as a Publisher file, which I don't have. Can anyone save me a PDF or take a screen shot so I know what the changes are!
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Ear

Man, if you do it once, they'll expect it forever. This is the reason I don't have publisher anymore. PDF or nothing, unless they use industry software.

If they supplied round 1-3 as PDF, why can't they just make a PDF now?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

Mate, I'll be up at work in about half an hour. Pretty sure I've got Pub2ID on colleague's iMac. Unless someone gets to it 1st...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on September 04, 2012, 02:41:05 PMMate, I'll be up at work in about half an hour. Pretty sure I've got Pub2ID on colleague's iMac. Unless someone gets to it 1st...
Cheers Frailer, probably too early to send you a virtual drink, just yet. Coffee's on me.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Farabomb

Guess who needs help again.

And then again when I get another file that's going to be totally wrong. This one is a moron and doesn't even check the PDF she made. Looks totally different than the native. Stand by for round 3.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3wxg0
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job