Sales Person classic

Started by WharfRat, March 29, 2013, 10:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

I quit bitching about all the jobs here I have to reverse engineer. What's the point? It happens and I was starting to get carpal tunnel typing out all the same shit that happens every goddamn day, every goddamn week, every goddamn year.

We all get them, we all do them, we all fix them. Fuck it. Hoo-Ahh.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

My point is that customers ignore the deadline. We need the work so we're going to try to bust out this job in one day that would normally take at least a week. We were going to farm out the bindery but not anymore. Thursday should be fun.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

I've had the most stressful last few weeks I can remember. Yesterday, I got my ass chewed by the boss in front of a customer. I have a serious problem with that. I almost walked the fuck out. I had to sit down and explain that I better not EVER be scolded in front of a customer again, or they can find a replacement. I've been up to my ass in responsibilities and it just ain't worth it.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 02, 2013, 07:35:57 PMMy point is that customers ignore the deadline. We need the work so we're going to try to bust out this job in one day that would normally take at least a week. We were going to farm out the bindery but not anymore. Thursday should be fun.

And it gets worse and worse every day. I keep telling our owners and salesmen to not give them a deadline of when we really, really, really have to have the files by. I tell them to pad it by at least 3 hours, most of our work is weekly work that has to be done as we receive it, so if our drop dead time for their files is 8:00 pm...tell them it is 5:00 pm. But for some reason they just can't make themselves tell the customer that and they tell them 8:00 pm and then they tell me that "I made sure to tell them their files HAVE to be here by 8:00 pm". Sure enough, they start arriving about 10:59 pm. :death:

Lather, rinse, repeat!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

I read this title and I fume because our 'Lead Salesguy' keeps shoving work down our throat. The work orders and paper orders are wrong, the wrong paper is sitting on the floor (although it can be used), additional jobs added to project = more paper not on floor, more bindery items/time...our X700 is already booked up with their stuff, another job is added. All has same due date.

All normal, right?  :death:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Normal at this place. If I ever worked on a job that had all of the info and that info was correct I would dead away faint on the spot.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: Joe on April 02, 2013, 08:54:48 PMNormal at this place. If I ever worked on a job that had all of the info and that info was correct I would dead away faint on the spot.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Damn, right. This proves the same nitwits are everywhere...wait...what
oh yeah...

printing, Hey we're bigger than the video game and music industry combined...we're SPECIAL.!
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Every shop is pretty much the same. When I first interviewed at a shop in New Mexico it was like deja vu, like almost identical to a shop I worked at in Oregon. Same shite.

hotmetal

Quote from: gnubler on April 02, 2013, 10:45:19 PMEvery shop is pretty much the same. When I first interviewed at a shop in New Mexico it was like deja vu, like almost identical to a shop I worked at in Oregon. Same shite.

I've been kicked by the wind, robbed by the sleet
Had my head stoved in, but I'm still on my feet and I'm still... willin'
Now I smuggled some smokes and folks from Mexico
Baked by the sun, every time I go to Mexico, and I'm still

And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah
Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made
Driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed
And if you give me: weed, whites, and wine
And you show me a sign
I'll be willin', to be movin
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

gnubler

Wacky retired people, they have time to write enlightening poems and little ditties.  :laugh:

Skryber

I have a friend who speaks in riddles. It's infuriating. Takes me 10 minutes to translate him asking if I want to go out for beers.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

hotmetal

Quote from: gnubler on April 03, 2013, 09:29:24 AMWacky retired people, they have time to write enlightening poems and little ditties.  :laugh:

ah, that was, of course, written and performed by Lowell George with Little Feat...

so you'd rather hear (again!) what the files looked like when they first began flopping their way to my desk at Pastore DePamphilis Rampone in NYC around 1986?

and how the salespuke threatened me if I dared complain? even when the floppy was corrupt and wouldn't even mount in the fucking Mac Plus?

:deadhorse:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

t-pat

Quote from: Skryber on April 03, 2013, 09:35:17 AMI have a friend who speaks in riddles. It's infuriating. Takes me 10 minutes to translate him asking if I want to go out for beers.

I think he must have gone to the same school of email writing as some of our sales people.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

You mean when they try to explain technical information to customers? I love it when I type specific instructions to a CSR and then the email comes back to me with their "reworded" version.  :laugh: