Mac Email Templates

Started by Tracy, April 15, 2014, 09:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Best way to create Email templates with Mac Mail?
also is there anyway to not get signature images to show up as attachments?

DigiCorn

Don't know about the attachments/images, but in Thunderbird, I create the signature, then save as an .html file and link it as a signature file.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Yea, pretty sure you have to link a sig with images.

Most of my customers don't do this so when I save all from their emails I end up with all their crappy sig images too.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Got that one Joe
Guess I was expecting miracles  :smiley:

I hate those sigs that end up as attachments!
and I'm putting sales sigs on email templates
I used to do all emails from pc but moving everything to my new mac, well "newish" now
but just starting to use it

Joe

It seems it is possible to get an image in the sig without it being an attachment in Apple Mail though I have not tried it. You will need someplace online to store your image files though (like photobucket or some other free image site).

http://www.scottallen.com/2013/09/how-to-add-an-image-to-your-email-signature-without-it-appearing-like-an-attachment/

David

my advice is just don't do it...  I hate friggen emails with 800 images of the shit trees you are saving by sending the email.

just put your name, number and business address and call it a day.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on April 15, 2014, 01:13:31 PMmy advice is just don't do it...  I hate friggen emails with 800 images of the shit trees you are saving by sending the email.

just put your name, number and business address and call it a day.

:goodpost:

Best answer! :laugh:

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Skryber

Often times my boss will come dashing in here asking WTF am I supposed to do with that shitty image file. (90% is large format) 100% of the time she has downloaded the signature/logo instead of the real file. Tee hee.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Tracy

:laugh:
It's really annoying and it's a mac thing
you can't do a save all attachments :rolleyes:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on April 15, 2014, 03:15:06 PM:laugh:
It's really annoying and it's a mac thing
you can't do a save all attachments :rolleyes:

Sure you can. From the file menu "Save Attachments..." saves all of the attachments of the selected email to wherever you specify.

Tracy

sorry, I meant you can't do a save all without those pesky signature images :smiley:

Joe

Yes, if they are included as attachments you will get them also.