Plate switch!! Help!!!

Started by baker7, June 27, 2016, 01:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baker7

We ran out of our usual Fuji plates and because we got Sonora Kodak sample plates in I didn't order any more.  Sonora won't work!!  My boss is pissed off at me and I need help please!  How do you make these suckers work?  The values were already in our Lotem 800.  He said it worked before I don't know why it's not accepting them..

Tracy

prolly should order some plates lickety split!!
should get them by tomorrow?

wonderings

You actually ran those plates before on the machine before? Must be somewhere to pick a different plate profile to image on them, maybe this is a good time to check the manual. Sorry can't help.

Possum

Maybe call Kodak tech help, or is somebody already laughing at that.  They should help if they want to keep selling you plates.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

baker7

Quote from: Possum on June 27, 2016, 02:28:20 PMMaybe call Kodak tech help, or is somebody already laughing at that.  They should help if they want to keep selling you plates.
Lol.. nevermind.  we are sending those plates back and Fuji is sending plates today.  Supposed to be here at 2.. they're late!!

Thanks guys!!

wonderings

When we switched plates, our supplier paid to do all the testing with the plates and to set up our machine to make sure it ran them. If you are looking at switching to the Sonora plates, I would talk to your supplier and have them get you setup properly.

Farabomb

You can't blindly switch plates. I learned this when Kodak decided to change their sword plate and not tell anyone. It worked fine for people running their platesetters. Just remote in, change some power settings and away you go. If you have a ECRM you get 2 months of Kodak saying "it's not us, something is up with your machine." Then you spend a lot to get the last surviving ECRM Dessert cat tech there to figure out what's up. After a week the tech has nothing. Finally Kodak comes back with "well, maybe we did change the emulsion on the plate." Then you kick them the hell out and order up some Fuji plates and have no issues until the boss says since AGFA TS plates are cheaper and no chemical we go with that. I'm still fighting issues, plate remakes have doubled if not tripled and the pressman is having trouble.

But we're saving money on plates!!!

TL;DR: You can't just swap plates no matter what the salesman tells you.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Yeah, you're saving money every time you have to remake a plate.

:lmao:

Farabomb

I've tried to explain but it falls on deaf ears. But, the plates are cheaper!!!

Tripping over dimes to pick up pennies.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Gotta stick some numbers in front of his face. Like, we used to use an average of 100 plates per month at $2 per plate. That's $200. Got it? Good. The new plates cost only $1.75 per plate, but we use 150 a month because of all the problems they cause. 150 x $1.75 is $262.50.

$262.50 is more than $200. Got it?

Oh.

Farabomb

And his answer will be "I can't believe how that's possible" and off he'll go in his own little confused world.

I have the Epson apart, like half the covers off, belt off, trying to get the carriage off since I think the bearing is toast. He comes back from where ever he was and asks, "does it print?"  The damn thing is more apart than when you left and I showed you the broken bearing cage.

No, it doesn't fucking print.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on June 28, 2016, 01:31:42 PMAnd his answer will be "I can't believe how that's possible" and off he'll go in his own little confused world.

I have the Epson apart, like half the covers off, belt off, trying to get the carriage off since I think the bearing is toast. He comes back from where ever he was and asks, "does it print?"  The damn thing is more apart than when you left and I showed you the broken bearing cage.

No, it doesn't fucking print.

How about now? Does it print yet?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Tomorrow is friday for me. I will leave the damn thing in pieces and I'd bet he'll call me Thursday and/or Friday asking if we can get a proof out.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

Anybody want to guess what his first question was this this AM?

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job