News:

Main Menu

XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Quote from: Farabomb on April 17, 2014, 10:00:01 AMFuji JH-PJ's? Not here. Maybe once every 3-4 cleanings.
Our Fuji plate processor has a software counter for the scrub covers. It allows for 9000 m2 of plates between scrub cover changes and the machine will give you a warning. Works out to about 3 - 4 times a year for us. You can check on plate counts, developer life and scrub cover life with the touch screen control screen on the processor.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Tracy

how many plates before a cleaning?
I have a mix of 3 plate sizes 40, 24, and 19",  with Kodak I cleaned around 1000 plates

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on April 17, 2014, 08:45:34 AMdo you have a screen shot of it causing a problem?

No, but on Tuesday I'll post a camera shot of the printed sheet, brought in to pp room, where a big Texta circle was drawn around it.    :embarrassed:  Had it been set as a cross-hair, they may have got away with it. It was a small cross+ring target.  Bugger.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Tracy

Went to change the size of a trim box, and couldn't figure it out
not worth a call to fuji yet, I could change the size but it was not centered.

also checking back about the amount of plates you run before cleaning
I use to run 1000 of mixed 40's 24,s and 19 inch plates
Fuji did the 1st cleaning a month after install
Andyfest you must have a better processor than I do but I will check it out

frailer

I know people adjust PDFs within XMF, but I tend not to. Prefer to PitStop 'em upstream. Can you screenshot where it's going wonky?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

andyfest

Quote from: Tracy on April 17, 2014, 03:13:05 PMhow many plates before a cleaning?
I have a mix of 3 plate sizes 40, 24, and 19",  with Kodak I cleaned around 1000 plates
We clean on the last Friday of the month, every month. At that point we have produced on average 2000 plates - a mix of 29 in & 40 in plates.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

frailer

... sorry Tracy, you meant size of trimbox within an imposition?  :undecided: Thought you meant on a PDF incoming.

Tracy

Thanks Andy!

I will screen shot later Frailer! thanks

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on April 20, 2014, 04:33:15 PM... sorry Tracy, you meant size of trimbox within an imposition?  :undecided: Thought you meant on a PDF incoming.

If i think I understand your question Tracy,  You need to select Advanced scaling in the Content Adjust. Or probably a easier/better way would be to do it in Page box settings when originally importing the PDF.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

Thanks for the screen shots
mine our greyed out
This is not something I would do very often, but just curious

Tracy

Changing presses I lose the layout, Doing something wrong or just the way it is?

impodave

Yeah, if there's a way around that, I'm not sure what it would be.  You could save the job temporarily as an SST, then start over with the new press config.

<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

frailer

Yeah, SSTs are always a pretty painless workaround. If you've already got an impo set up, it's a few seconds to save it off to the SST folder, then re-purpose it... then Copy, whatever.

Tracy

I have a nested job and I am getting bleed cutoff from one item
I have a call into fuji, just waiting

also can you have 2 different sheet sizes in one job?