Multi Imposition

Started by K3NS4N, August 02, 2015, 12:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3NS4N

Hi everybody I'm new in this forum and I hope you can help me
I wonder if is possible do this multiple imposition in Preps 7.

God bless

Joe

It is easy as a template. Not sure though if you are trying to accomplish it with a Preps folding pattern. You could create a template and save it as a custom folding pattern. (I think)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

K3NS4N

Could you do it, and upload template o job file.

Joe

Attached is a ZIP file with the .tpl file and the .job file. I didn't know any sizes or add any kind of marks. You should be able to edit however you like.

K3NS4N

your solution is correct but you use only 1 Press Run, and this case has 4.

I can do this, but I use double imposition, and this is double work

Joe

Four 32 page press runs? You just duplicate it 3 times in your .job file. Takes literally 3 seconds.

Like this:

[attachimg=1 width=400]

K3NS4N

This is a example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STapVRpZjwI&;, using 32 pages

But obviously is little job,

Joe

OK so you want four 8 page sections?

K3NS4N

Ear

The example is for a single, 32page run. Not 4@8pgs.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: Ear on August 03, 2015, 12:41:21 PMThe example is for a single, 32page run. Not 4@8pgs.

Yeah that is what I thought too (thinking web press) but you have to break down his example as four 8's for a sheetfed. I see his dilemma now. With traditional numbering they don't come out numbered as his example.

To the OP...is this perfect bound, saddle-stitch or what?

Ear

All he has to do is fold a dummy, write numbers on it and click the little numbers into the correct boxes. When in doubt, trust the dummy.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

The trouble is when you number the pages 1 through 8 and use it 4 times he isn't getting the numbering scheme he is wanting.

Tracy

It would have to be cut in 4pgrs before it folds if it's a saddle stitch
hmm looks funny tho.

Ear

Quote from: Joe on August 03, 2015, 01:31:44 PMThe trouble is when you number the pages 1 through 8 and use it 4 times he isn't getting the numbering scheme he is wanting.
Really? Then it would be the wrong pagination mode.

In my experience, you number 1-8. Then, when you impose (in XMF and Preps), you choose binding style and the software knows that the page slots change accordingly, based on the predetermined factors. We do this every day and the software basically does all the work. I'm missing the problem here? His scenario is a standard, daily impo... nothing remotely tricky... prepress 101