Unbelievable Resource!

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, October 28, 2008, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

I have been a downloading fool for the past few weeks. Gnubler turned me on to a website with free dowloadable clipart and the likes, but I turned her on to this place...

www.heroturko.com

If you need clipart, or royalty free images, and A LOT more cool shit, get a name and password and let the downloading begin!

I just cleared to 40 GB mark this morning. I don't know how much longer this place could possibly remain open, so GET TO IT!

Okay Desingers... you can thank me now or later, but YOU will thank me! :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 28, 2008, 01:01:48 PMI have been a downloading fool for the past few weeks. Gnubler turned me on to a website with free dowloadable clipart and the likes, but I turned her on to this place...

www.heroturko.com

If you need clipart, or royalty free images, and A LOT more cool shit, get a name and password and let the downloading begin!

I just cleared to 40 GB mark this morning. I don't know how much longer this place could possibly remain open, so GET TO IT!

Okay Desingers... you can thank me now or later, but YOU will thank me! :wink:

Why download when you can now just drag from the browser into the Adobe apps? :evil:

(Thanks for the link. Will definitely check it out.)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

wholy crap dude. nice find, too bad for all the filesharing sites the crap is stored on. 

there is a hack for the rapidshare sites though..

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: delooch on October 28, 2008, 01:40:16 PMwholy crap dude. nice find, too bad for all the filesharing sites the crap is stored on. 

A small price to pay my friend. It's really not that bad. Like I said, I have been downloading for 2 or 3 weeks straight everyday. My IT guy has been shitting his pants!
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: delooch on October 28, 2008, 01:40:16 PMwholy crap dude. nice find, too bad for all the filesharing sites the crap is stored on. 

Yeah - good stuff on there, but what a fuck trying to download some of them. I've been digging through it for the past two hours.

How can I open a .rar archive on Windows XP?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 28, 2008, 02:01:37 PMGoddamn Squirrels! Here:

http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Compression/Review_20895_index.html

It's not free. I'm still looking - or else I'll forget it and just extract them on my Mac at home.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

Gnub-

just grab WinRAR - www.rarlab.com

Direct link:  http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe

Its still not freeware, theres a nag screen, but it works 100% for free and it works well.

gnubler

Kthanks, trying it out now. Time to download more vector goodness.

EDIT: WinRAR says it's only good for 40 days. Guess I'll use it while I can.

EDIT 2: One of the download sites just crashed my Firefox for the second time, both times some Russian or Cyrillic language site. Slower than crap to download. What's your secret, DCS?

dudley

"Hello, I must be going." --Captain Jeffery Spaulding

gnubler

Thanks - I'll check that one out too. WinRAR is working fine for now.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on October 28, 2008, 05:51:39 PMKthanks, trying it out now. Time to download more vector goodness.

EDIT: WinRAR says it's only good for 40 days. Guess I'll use it while I can.

EDIT 2: One of the download sites just crashed my Firefox for the second time, both times some Russian or Cyrillic language site. Slower than crap to download. What's your secret, DCS?

Keep to the RapidShare and DepositFiles. FileFactory works most of the time. I get pretty good DL speeds, 150-300 KB per second, so i'm happy. Sometimes files go corrupt, so watch out for that, but it's pretty rare. I do download photos, but the vector art and brushes are by far my choice. I am a collector of clipart, fonts, royalty free images. I am no Desinger, but I love when someone asks, "Hey you got a JimLee BoldItalic font, or a photo of a circa 1960s telephone, or a piece of Unicorn clipart?" I just say, yep. I have amassed a collection of digital treasures that would choke a donkey.
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

dang. 2.6gb later they turned me off. thanks for bringing back my days as a download fiend dcs..

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: delooch on October 29, 2008, 09:33:42 AMdang. 2.6gb later they turned me off. thanks for bringing back my days as a download fiend dcs..

I know... it's addictive. :evil: Get some good stuff?
Member #285 - Civilian