Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Actually, looking at my Indy CS6 version it is at 8.0.2.413 while my Indy CC is at 9.2.1.101. Are you sure you are looking at your Indy CC when it shows it is version 8.x.x?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tjenxman

We are using Indesign CS6 and the version is 8.0.2

Grimace

Quote from: frailer on April 03, 2014, 02:54:05 AMWe have 2 CC licenses; there are 3 at head office. All on the same account. Haven't been very diligent with updates, but got an Indy file from head office which we couldn't open. Fair enough; update. We go to 8.x.x (at home, didn't memorise it). Phoned one of the dezingers at HO, who had a look and they are 9.x.x.
Anyone know why this may be, after an update our end. Their updates were not in recent days. Shall try to follow up tomorrow, but someone here may have some clues.

Are you using the same version OS? Mavericks may be 9.yada.yada and snow-lion-cat may be 8.yada.yada

DigiCorn

so do you pay per product, or by package?

i.e. is it $50/mo for InDesign, then another $50/mo for Illy, and then another $50 for PS, or is it just $50/mo for the whole package along with DW, FW, etc.?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

Quote from: Grimace on April 03, 2014, 10:13:57 AM
Quote from: frailer on April 03, 2014, 02:54:05 AMWe have 2 CC licenses; there are 3 at head office. All on the same account. Haven't been very diligent with updates, but got an Indy file from head office which we couldn't open. Fair enough; update. We go to 8.x.x (at home, didn't memorise it). Phoned one of the dezingers at HO, who had a look and they are 9.x.x.
Anyone know why this may be, after an update our end. Their updates were not in recent days. Shall try to follow up tomorrow, but someone here may have some clues.

Are you using the same version OS? Mavericks may be 9.yada.yada and snow-lion-cat may be 8.yada.yada

Good point, prolly not. We're still on 10.6.8, and HO have had a couple of their 27" iMacs do a Fukujima on 'em., so they're likely later OSX. So, we are now possibly in IDML territory with our own team. Bugger.
Upgrade looms anyway, as we shall have to retire our XMF server box, as XMF's going 64-bit,. Black Magic same deal... upgrade. On the upgrade treadmill again.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 03, 2014, 11:33:21 AMso do you pay per product, or by package?

i.e. is it $50/mo for InDesign, then another $50/mo for Illy, and then another $50 for PS, or is it just $50/mo for the whole package along with DW, FW, etc.?

Single apps are $19.99 per month. The whole shebang of Adobe apps are $49.99 per month.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: frailer on April 03, 2014, 11:34:56 AM
Quote from: Grimace on April 03, 2014, 10:13:57 AM

Good point, prolly not. We're still on 10.6.8, and HO have had a couple of their 27" iMacs do a Fukujima on 'em., so they're likely later OSX. So, we are now possibly in IDML territory with our own team. Bugger.
Upgrade looms anyway, as we shall have to retire our XMF server box, as XMF's going 64-bit,. Black Magic same deal... upgrade. On the upgrade treadmill again.

The OS version won't make InDesign versions different. When CC was released the only available version of Indy was the CS6 version so if you bought early you got that. With CC you always have the option to use either the latest version or the next to latest version. When a new version comes out it will show as an available application to you but it won't install automatically. You still have to install it through the Adobe Application Manager. So the two current versions right now are Indy 8.x and 9.x. And 8.x will not open 9.x files When the next version of Indy is released version 8.x will drop out of CC and your current versions will be 9.x 10.x but 10.x won't install automatically. You will have to install it via the Application Manager.

Joe

frailer

Yeah, Application Manager.   :rolleyes:   Thanks for the reminder. 
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Got back onto this. Got Head Office dezinger to send me a token Indy doc, which I can't open, despite Adobe telling me I'm 'Good' for upgrades Updates. ------>    :homer:

Screenshots. 
What simple thing am I missing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Need to DL Indy, correct? Am doing so now...   :rolleyes:

Joe

With InDesign open, under the "InDesign" menu, "About InDesign"...what version does it report? If you have InDesign CC it will look like the attached. It sounds like you are viewing the Application Manager for CS6. You can have a Creative Cloud subscription and only be running CS6. CS6 will not report updates to the next major version. Only incremental updates for CS6. You only get the CC apps if you go to the CC application manger which looks like the second screen shot here.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on April 16, 2014, 09:35:13 PMNeed to DL Indy, correct? Am doing so now...   :rolleyes:

I would go ahead and download Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC while you are at it. You can also get Acrobat XI if you don't have it....but it sucks ass.

frailer

Yeah, I couldn't get back in to de-brief on this as my post attempts were bouncing back off the Utah salt flats...
When the penny dropped and I went back in, all sub-species of apps were there. I DL'd Indy CC. Yep, shall get PhSh and Illy next week too.

.... what do you hear when the big server in Utah is malfunctioning?  MoreMoans.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on April 17, 2014, 03:14:37 AM.... what do you hear when the big server in Utah is malfunctioning?  MoreMoans.

Silence. :laugh: