News:

Main Menu

Find and replace

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, December 05, 2016, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Would anyone know if it's possible to do a find and replace text with pitstop?

For example, finding é and replacing it with e. (note accent on e).

Joe

Use I do believe it it is with an action list. I don't have Pitstop at home so I can't try it right now.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on December 05, 2016, 08:32:12 AMUse I do believe it it is with an action list. I don't have Pitstop at home so I can't try it right now.
At home? Really? :drunk3:

Joe

Yes, I don't do Monday's. Tuesday-Friday for my work week.

pspdfppdfxhd

I'd like that..... seeing as I do Mon-Fri and  more often than not a Saturday or a Sunday.

:drunk3:

Joe

I can't even remember the last Saturday or Sunday I worked.

Joe

DigiCorn

I agree with Joe. I've never had to do that in Pitstop, so I just looked at Global Changes/Action Lists and don't see a pre-programmed one. You may need to create one.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

mattbeals

Iceni InFix should be able to. We were doing it at one point when we were looking at taking it on.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

pspdfppdfxhd

It worked, but i could only get it to do one at a time, like find next, replace. Which was ok, because I wanted to see what was happening and there were not that many to replace anyway. Even though it was an 11000+ page pdf, if there were alot to replace, it could have become tedious.

abc

Hi all, we've talked about making an Action for find and replace, but we've resisted so far as we think it's potentially a really dangerous Action. The issue is the expectation that users would have.
When you take into account things like subset fonts and other problems around fonts in PDF, we think the manual approach is the best way.
What do you think, if enough people think it's something we should do, I'm open to do it?

mattbeals

Quote from: abc on December 12, 2016, 04:55:25 AMHi all, we've talked about making an Action for find and replace, but we've resisted so far as we think it's potentially a really dangerous Action. The issue is the expectation that users would have.
When you take into account things like subset fonts and other problems around fonts in PDF, we think the manual approach is the best way.
What do you think, if enough people think it's something we can do, I'm open to do it?

Manual, for all the reasons you mentioned.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yeah, I hear ya, it was nice to see what was going on, one change at a time, ya know, reflow and all. Would'nt trust it in a pdf for sure.

DigiCorn

Maybe...,

if there were an over-riding action that only allows it if the full font set is embedded (or forces you to embed the font prior to the onset of the process) and not an embedded subset, where the character may not be included..
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway