Plugins- CS5 cannot open file?

Started by Grimace, December 28, 2011, 09:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

yeah, I find it hard to believe you guys can't open CS5.5 with CS5
that is so ridiculous

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

:laugh: :laugh: True. They are lovin' it all the way to the bank.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on December 28, 2011, 04:52:44 PMyeah, I find it hard to believe you guys can't open CS5.5 with CS5
that is so ridiculous

Quote from: Farabomb on December 29, 2011, 09:31:54 AMAdobe doesn't think so.

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on December 29, 2011, 09:48:12 AM:laugh: :laugh: True. They are lovin' it all the way to the bank.

Indeed. If you could open 5.5 files with 5 why would you bother buying 5.5? Adobe does know what it is doing. Just like skipping a version on upgrades doesn't save you any money as the farther back you upgrade the more expensive it gets so you pay for the version you skipped before it is all said and done.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Dan Chak

Had so much fun trying to downsave a Quark file on my boss' computer the other day. Didn't realize you had to actually select what version you were downsaving it to or else it would save it in the same version.
We've had a couple of InDesign 5.5 files come in and it took researching online to figure out why we couldn't open them in CS5.
Mac OS 10.6.8
iGen 3/ iGen 4

"With a great deal of patience and plenty of saliva, the elephant deflowered the mosquito."

R.A.H.

Joe

Quote from: Dan Chak on January 03, 2012, 04:08:47 PMHad so much fun trying to downsave a Quark file on my boss' computer the other day. Didn't realize you had to actually select what version you were downsaving it to or else it would save it in the same version.
We've had a couple of InDesign 5.5 files come in and it took researching online to figure out why we couldn't open them in CS5.

Welcome to the forum.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Dan Chak on January 03, 2012, 04:08:47 PMHad so much fun trying to downsave a Quark file on my boss' computer the other day. Didn't realize you had to actually select what version you were downsaving it to or else it would save it in the same version.

The 'Missing Plugins' is usually the precursor to 'Houston, we have a problem...'   :tonofbricks:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.