News:

Main Menu

Animated Banner Ad

Started by Chilbear, March 25, 2010, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilbear

No problem I said I can do that. I have agreed to do an animated ad 440 pixels wide by 60 pixels high. Can anyone get on the road to success? It looks like Photoshop and part PhotoReady for the timing. Product will be name badges that office sausages wear in a corporate retail environment.

Here is the "sample"

Joe

A true geek would do it with Flash. :tongue:

I'm sure it can be done as an animated gif. Where is Rat when you need him?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

youston

Gif Builder:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/235

Basically, you draw each frame, load them all into gif builder and hit go ... haven't played with it in awhile, so I don't know what you can control (as far as the speed of the animation goes).

Edit: Ah, here it is:

What's more, GifBuilder lets you control pixel depth, the color palette, dithering, size, interlacing, transparency, interframe delay, disposal method, frames position, and looping.

born2print

I'm filling in for Rat today, here's a link I think he posted originally, it's the good 'ol fashioned Pshop way to do it:
http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

youston

Quote from: born2print on March 25, 2010, 10:47:17 AMI'm filling in for Rat today, here's a link I think he posted originally, it's the good 'ol fashioned Pshop way to do it:
http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/

Your sig is just cruel.  :laugh:

born2print

Why Youston, I do believe you are correct.

youston

Quote from: born2print on March 25, 2010, 10:59:43 AMWhy Youston, I do believe you are correct.

I'll save that one for later. I'm rather fond of the three that I have now. Plus, I've got one from over at PrintPlanet (from someone who I'm assuming hangs out here, too) that I've been meaning to add.

Thanks, though. Must be fulfilling to have your beliefs validated.

born2print

OMG Youston! You're SO big!!!11

youston

Quote from: born2print on March 25, 2010, 11:16:41 AMOMG Youston! You're SO big!!!11

:pokes belly: :hears Pillsbury Dough Boy laugh:  :embarrassed:

mwc

Quote from: Chilbear on March 25, 2010, 10:00:20 AM....Product will be name badges that office sausages wear in a corporate retail environment.....

Is this for LCD nametags? That's cool! (I can see hackers making this technology very interesting....imagine wearing the thing for a few hours AND then some 'inappropriate' words/images/videos are displayed...  :evil:
http://www.sgmonitor.com/index.php?cPath=46&osCsid=f887ca0c0ecc5b5a27441a92c19d5227

Chilbear

Thanks for the links Born and Youston. Youston the Gifbuilder craps out on the save when using an Intel. That was interesting exercise.

Interesting idea mwc imagine a name plate that says "Debbie" and someone changes the plate to "does Dallas" randomly. Could be great fun. :evil:

youston

Quote from: Chilbear on March 25, 2010, 01:41:09 PMThanks for the links Born and Youston. Youston the Gifbuilder craps out on the save when using an Intel. That was interesting exercise.

Interesting idea mwc imagine a name plate that says "Debbie" and someone changes the plate to "does Dallas" randomly. Could be great fun. :evil:

Sorry about that. Haven't used it since the OS9 days.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

Ahhhh, the OS 6 days!!! :evil:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

EEEk! I don't know about that!?! Hahahahahahah! At least OS7. I didn't care for pre-multi-finder.
Member #285 - Civilian