News:

Main Menu

Any Dropbox users?

Started by Syphon, January 13, 2011, 08:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Doomed. Why would I want Microsoft, of all corps, to "privately" store my personal files? I'm sure millions will use it.

Between the Goog and now this I give Skynet less than 25 years to fully develop and dominate.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Yeah, I think if you already have a Windows Live or Hotmail account you have it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 28, 2011, 01:51:27 PMYeah, I think if you already have a Windows Live or Hotmail account you have it.
If you have Facebook, then they have you. They are very powerful and they will get you in the end.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

When my son said that you can't un-FaceBook yourself, I didn't believe him. I do now.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

I steer clear of all that. It's bad enough I blab so much on the forum but I find you all irresistable. Someday I'll just disappear again, for good.  :toaster:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on January 28, 2011, 02:52:28 PMI steer clear of all that. It's bad enough I blab so much on the forum but I find you all irresistable. Someday I'll just disappear again, for good.  :toaster:

I've never understood why people do this but to each their own. I'll go ahead and say it was nice to know you before it happens.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on January 28, 2011, 03:34:05 PM
Quote from: gnubler on January 28, 2011, 02:52:28 PMSomeday I'll just disappear again, for good.
when?

You'll know because someone else will start antagonizing you.

And don't steal Youston's joy with dreams of my permanent absence.

DigitalCrapShoveler

You ain't going nowhere. Even when you do go, you come back. We are bound... Satanically. :evil:
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

I don't believe in imaginary friends. Surely you know me better than that...

Hey, didn't you just disappear for a week without telling anyone? Prolly have some lame excuse or something.  :kiss:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on January 28, 2011, 05:17:26 PMI don't believe in imaginary friends. Surely you know me better than that...

Hey, didn't you just disappear for a week without telling anyone? Prolly have some lame excuse or something.  :kiss:

It was an unplanned pregnancy.
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

damn i hate when that happens. its why i dont answer my phone.

gnubler

It's why I don't even have a phone. Better that I don't know.  :tapedshut:

frailer

Head office received a Dropbox 'share' from Sth Africa client/collaborator, for some artwork. Deziner there (nice guy) has asked me to look in. Seems that sender is requiring DBox login to access files.
Is this always the case?...That recipient must be logged in to DBox? I thought that DBox would have a SendSpace style link, where you clicked and downloaded, without logging in.  Or is this an option that the sender decides upon?
I've told him to sign up himslef. He's only CC'd into the email. Prime recipient is his boss, who obviously doesn't want the hassle. But deziner-man may not be able to access it either, even if he's logged in, as boss is the only recipient.
I've walked him through the sign-up process, and suggested that boss may HAVE to sign up on this occasion. But then he should be able in future to fill in boss's email field, fill in his password.... get file.
Can anyone confirm any of the above?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

agent_orange

i'm not 100% positive, Frailer, but i think if you place the files in your "public" folder there's no need for anyone else to sign up or log in. i'd bet he put the files straight into the dropbox folder rather than public subfolder and that's what's causing the login problems...