News:

Main Menu

Pagination Mode

Started by Tracy, September 14, 2016, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Creep in general doesn't move the first and last sheet. Only everything in between. At least in Preps that is what it does.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on September 19, 2016, 10:24:57 AMI usually put the paper mic size when I do the creep with the regular layout.

Not sure if the "C" Value in pagination mode is asking for the paper mic size. I think it is tho.
There seems to be an option for total creep, which I don't like to use.

Hey! let me know if you come down San Diego way!! It's a 3 hour drive from LA
Shall do. Wife & daughter are organising stuff once we're there. They're good at that stuff... me not so.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Quote from: Farabomb on September 19, 2016, 10:57:53 AMI have a creep related question. I see people talking about only creeping part of the book. Maybe preps 5 doesn't have as robust creep options (think scaling if about it). I've always just done the math and depending on how I feel that day I either divide by 2 or 4 (4 makes sense but I was taught 2) and entered it as inner creep and it's worked. I did try and use the DCS method of splitting the inner and outer (suck inner pages in, push outer pages out) and it didn't work so well. Since our shitty bindery screwed it up I'm not truly sure where the fault lies but I'm still going with what has been working.

Why are you only creeping a portion? Is that how XMF works?
Modus operandi of XMF on that is to 'unCreep' the 4 cover pages, generally. I'm following the bouncing ball.   :D
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Farabomb

That does make sense; makes it easier for the bindery monkeys. I don't know about XMF but preps moves crop marks and without fail every time I creep something bindery freaks out and makes a big deal out of nothing. Remember, these are the same guys that don't know the difference between a work and turn and a work and tumble. To them a sheetwise is when all the sheet is used.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on September 21, 2016, 06:40:36 AMThat does make sense; makes it easier for the bindery monkeys. I don't know about XMF but preps moves crop marks and without fail every time I creep something bindery freaks out and makes a big deal out of nothing. Remember, these are the same guys that don't know the difference between a work and turn and a work and tumble. To them a sheetwise is when all the sheet is used.

You can change the Preps config file so the marks don't move.

Tracy

Yeah I had to make a big note for the bindery when the marks were moving
when I used Preps 4.
Joe has a way of changing that tho!!

Farabomb

Bindery will come in and complain not matter what so it's fine when it's a easily solved problem. What I don't understand is his utter lack of retention of anything. He keeps calling my dog a she, for 3 years now, forgets people's names that have worked here for years and totally screws up the name of longtime customers.

I assumed there would be something in the config file that changes that. You can change a TON of things in the config and at one time I cared enough to do that. Now, I'd have no idea where to start.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

-SHINGLECROPMARKS:YES

or

-SHINGLECROPMARKS:NO

Farabomb

I'd have to go find the path to the config file. I'm leaving in 30 minutes to go play with cars so it's real low on the list of things to do.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Not sure why a press person would need to be concerned whether crop marks moved with creep compensation or didn't. Sure, ours are aware of when we're running Comp. (not that often), but theyr registering to our laced crosshair rego marks, anyway.

Bindery Man loves it when the crop marks move in with the page 'shrinkage'. If your values are right, the face crops will align, and they'll chop off that way too.  :shrug:

Tracy

I think it's when your not folding before cutting is the problem.
If it's folding before cutting no problemo!

putting those center marks on helps!

XMF has a setting to not let the marks move.

pspdfppdfxhd

frailer

:smiley: I think if I had to use another impo product now I'd not be happy. It's unlikely I'll have to... :old:   ... :rotf:

frailer

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 22, 2016, 05:58:52 PMnevermind just testing
To see if they'll still let you in the door? I had to do that recently.

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Everyone sorted with their creeps?

We work in nothing but pagintation mode, and apply creep on a daily basis   :banana: