Delete/replace swatch causes reflow

Started by DCurry, June 06, 2013, 03:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

This is a new one - I had a long document (240-some pages) and the designer used a swatch called Auto (presumably it was carried in from Word). I selected the swatch in the Swatches palette and deleted it, and chose Black when prompted for a replacement color. As soon as I did this, the text reflowed in the entire job (didn't bother to find out where it started.)

Anyone seen this behavior before? The last time I've seen anything like it was back in PageMaker.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Nope, never seen it before. What happens if you just change the swatch to 0% CMY and 100% Black? Still reflow?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Since the swatch was designated as a spot, I simply aliased it to Black in the Ink Manager and it didn't reflow. Upon retrospect, there were 2 other spot colors in there that I deleted/replaced at the same time, so it's not necessarily that one. Aliased all to Black and all is good.

Just weird that it would even occur at all.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

David

that is very strange. I've never seen that.

Just the fact that the text/font would even be linked to a specific color for any kind of formatting is bee-zar.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca