News:

Main Menu

Aereo

Started by Joe, July 10, 2013, 11:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on July 12, 2013, 01:24:28 PMIt's great for me because I have an antenna but I'm so much in the sticks I get one channel. Now I can watch live TV (letterman is fucking old now) on the channels available and if I get into a show on netflix and they are a few seasons behind I can DVR them and be current.

I'm still going to be telling people I don't have TV so I don't have to be involved in the "did you see what xxx did on some crap show last night" conversation.

The thing I wonder is my location goes by my billing addy. I wonder if it's possible to be on vacation and still view local news and such. Not that it matters right now. No android support as of yet but it's coming or so they say.

I wonder how long before the networks and cable pitch a bitch. It's free, over the air programming but someone figured out how to charge for it. No different than slapping a antenna on your roof but it just streams to your browser or other supported device.

Digi, I haven't tried the USB thing. I have a MHL HDMI adapter for the galaxy and even my old droid has a mini HDMI that will mirror the phone to the TV. I rarely use it now for 2 reasons. One, I just pull the micro SD from my phone and put it into my USB adaptor and plug that into my Roku. Option 2 is take out the micro SD and put it into my MK808 android on a stick and play it from there.

The networks and local channels have filed suits against Aereo. The judge has been ruling in their (Aereos) favor though. That is how I heard about it when reading about TV stations filing suit against them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

frailer

Quote from: Joe on April 21, 2014, 01:08:57 PMInteresting read...

http://www.cnet.com/news/inside-the-tech-that-tossed-aereo-through-tvs-legal-hoops/?tag=nl.e404&s_cid=e404&ttag=e404&ftag=CAD1acfa04
Crazy stuff. My head hurt a bit after reading it. Some people are highly motivated to get around the seemingly insurmountable.
I liked this, though.   :laugh:

Quote"We've gone a little bit more sophisticated. We now have collapsible PVC pipes, actually," Lipowski said. "It's not a lot classier, but it's a little classier."
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Damn.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-ruling-aereo-140858229.html

QuoteThe court found that Aereo's service violated copyrights owned by TV broadcasters, marketers, and distributors whose programs the company streamed.

"This ruling appears sweeping and definitive, determining that Aereo is illegal,"
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Well shit, looks like that'll be $8 I won't be paying anymore.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 25, 2014, 08:48:39 AMDamn.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-ruling-aereo-140858229.html

QuoteThe court found that Aereo's service violated copyrights owned by TV broadcasters, marketers, and distributors whose programs the company streamed.

"This ruling appears sweeping and definitive, determining that Aereo is illegal,"

Was there ever any doubt? The man wins again!

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on June 25, 2014, 10:21:06 AMWell shit, looks like that'll be $8 I won't be paying anymore.
That's $8 you can spend on beer.

Quote from: Joe on June 25, 2014, 10:46:33 AMWas there ever any doubt? The man wins again!
I'm certain there's a lengthy appeal process.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Would be better spent, I almost never used it.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 25, 2014, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on June 25, 2014, 10:21:06 AMWell shit, looks like that'll be $8 I won't be paying anymore.
That's $8 you can spend on beer.

Quote from: Joe on June 25, 2014, 10:46:33 AMWas there ever any doubt? The man wins again!
I'm certain there's a lengthy appeal process.

Where does one appeal a decision handed down by the US Supreme Court?

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on June 25, 2014, 10:57:15 AMdoes one appeal a decision handed down by the US Supreme Court?
Can't you?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I'm what's wrong with America
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 25, 2014, 11:10:22 AM
Quote from: Joe on June 25, 2014, 10:57:15 AMdoes one appeal a decision handed down by the US Supreme Court?
Can't you?

Supreme Court = Game Over

Ask death row inmates that have lost their appeal to the Supreme Court. Oh wait...you can't. :laugh: