EAL remove specific Spots_nil result

Started by frailer, November 11, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampymarsh

I find that it is situational frailer, I think that I know what to do in a new situation, based on an old situation...then I realise that there is a curveball and that things are in fact different, so it is back to the drawing board again!

frailer

Quote from: swampymarsh on November 15, 2014, 03:14:30 AMI find that it is situational frailer, I think that I know what to do in a new situation, based on an old situation...then I realise that there is a curveball and that things are in fact different, so it is back to the drawing board again!
Haha... I bet that's true. Happier to start testing now, though.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

mattbeals

I still write actions for people as a service. You can also upload them to www.actionlistexchange.com if you want to use it as a library.

If you need an action written I can do it and can explain the logic of it. Just send me sample file and the desired result.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

swampymarsh

Matt, it would be great if your exchange site was more user friendly in finding the actions, I personally don't like using a search feature, there should be a browsing method, categories etc. Sure, one can search using a/e/i/o/u or other common letters, but this is far from user friendly. Your site should be a resource brimming with content, when it only has what, three actions? How can we make this THE site to go to? I would be happy to submit actions, however if the site is not going to be user friendly what is the point?

mattbeals

I had several hundred up there but the host deleted them all and all backups.

How do you make it useful? Use it. It's simplistic right now. If you want to help build it out i'd love the help.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

swampymarsh

Quote from: mattbeals on November 24, 2014, 08:18:45 PMI had several hundred up there but the host deleted them all and all backups.

How do you make it useful? Use it. It's simplistic right now. If you want to help build it out i'd love the help.

Matt, this is my point – with the current UI design, one does not know if you have 3 or 3000 actions available.

It is next to useless to have to search for an action using a keyword. There should be a way to browse all actions, preferably by category.

The repository will be useless if it is not user friendly.

I would use it, if it was easy to browse by category.

:deadhorse:

frailer

Just quickly reporting my excitement at having 'got' putting EALs together. Was obviously over=thinking it. The key, as swampymarsh, Joe and others have said, is to understand the Operators' functions and limits.
Can now envisage doing them 'for fun' :completesadbastid:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.