News:

Main Menu

Retrospect revisited

Started by DigiCorn, January 10, 2012, 09:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on January 11, 2012, 02:18:57 PMYes.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a totsie pop?
Mr. Owl, what's a totsie pop?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on January 11, 2012, 02:21:59 PM

http://www.tootsie.com/comp_faq.php

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

It depends on a variety of factors such as the size of your mouth, the amount of saliva, etc. Basically, the world may never know.

Give one to Sasha Grey, bet it takes a few seconds.

Sidenote, the GF has a shirt with the owl and the kid and it says "how many licks" right across her norks.

Don't think she's worn it since I pointed that out.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on January 11, 2012, 02:33:59 PM

It depends on a variety of factors such as the size of your mouth, the amount of saliva, etc. Basically, the world may never know.

Sidenote, the GF has a shirt with the owl and the kid and it says "how many licks" right across her norks.

Sasha Grey, Jill Kelly or Heather Harmon.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Heather Harmon, so that was her name.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Pretty sure I have some of her work locked up in the archive. She sure knew how to wash clothes.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on January 11, 2012, 02:57:42 PMPretty sure I have some of her work locked up in the archive. She sure knew how to wash clothes.

Unsurpassed in that regard, eh? I celebrate her entire catalog.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Quote from: Joe on January 11, 2012, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: david on January 11, 2012, 12:25:49 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 11, 2012, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on January 11, 2012, 12:17:54 PMIf it was a 2TB SSD I'd probably feel safe with archiving permanently to that... but for long term,I still like going cheaper with blu-ray and burning redundant copies. In reality, they only have to last me a few years before the art gets updated and/or replaced and becomes obsolete. I rarely pull a job from more than 5 years ago.

Blu-ray isn't cheaper. A 10 pack of 50 gb TDK disks is $78 (no name disks can be found cheaper). I can buy a 500 gb hard drive for $50.

I just bought 8, 1Tb drives for 48 bucks each.

I saw those prices before the Thailand floods but everything I see now is higher than that. Where did you get those from?

these came from CDW and are Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 1TB
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on January 11, 2012, 03:35:04 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on January 11, 2012, 12:17:54 PMIf it was a 2TB SSD I'd probably feel safe with archiving permanently to that... but for long term,I still like going cheaper with blu-ray and burning redundant copies. In reality, they only have to last me a few years before the art gets updated and/or replaced and becomes obsolete. I rarely pull a job from more than 5 years ago.

Blu-ray isn't cheaper. A 10 pack of 50 gb TDK disks is $78 (no name disks can be found cheaper). I can buy a 500 gb hard drive for $50.

I saw those prices before the Thailand floods but everything I see now is higher than that. Where did you get those from?

Corporate discount?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

no, just a big sale, for whatever reason, just ran across it one day perusing for other stuff.
just couldn't pass up the deal.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Damn, that is a good deal. Thanks for sharing... pirate. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 11, 2012, 06:03:41 PM

Click...click...BOOM!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

youston

Quote from: Farabomb on January 11, 2012, 02:33:59 PM

I was watching Boomerang with my kid one day and that commercial aired. I told him that the commercial had been running since I was a kid his age. He thought for a second and said, "Man! They've been trying to figure that out for a LONG time!"

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on January 11, 2012, 06:07:13 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 11, 2012, 06:03:41 PM

Click...click...BOOM!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Still need HDs, even though I wouldn't archive to them for all the tea in China. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian