EFI H652 wide format

Started by DigiCorn, July 18, 2014, 10:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Looks like a year after the Epson wide format debacle, we are going to give it another go. Boss is close to pulling the trigger on an EFI H652 with Fiery XF RIP. Does anyone out there have one of these or similar? How has your experience been? I'm currently running Colorproof XF, so I am assuming Fiery XF won't be much of a stretch for me to transition in to, as it's just the most recent iteration.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

beermonster

ok am trying to remember what these are really called these ones - efi bought the company a few years back - godammit who was it :homer:  oh yeah - either rastek or raster uv

anyhoo - i trialled the (whatever it was called) machine over here in the UK of Britland and it was poor. slow speeds, cure banding - even in unidirectional, costly inks, crap service back up - i forget whose heads are in these but greyscale heads seem to give better results so beware of that. I do think its an older machine regardless of what they tell ya

is this one still uv lamps? LED is where its at now, lower power, cold cure and much much longer lamp life that murcury arc.

i'd deffo look at something like caldera, shiraz, sai photoprint or similar as opposed to xf, mostly because these rips are specifically for wide format uv whereas xf i think is more geared up for thinks like epson 9900 or hpz6200 size

they are also better for x/y zero'ing, accepting white channels, configuring thickness/head height etc

i'd deffo be absolutely positive its fast enough, economic enough, GOOD enough and competes with comparable size/picolitre/hybrid/flatbeds in the same price range
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

beermonster

yeah here ya go

http://fierysafe.com/PrintMIS_Review/issue_10/Rastek.asp

raster printers - wasnt impressed so my advice - shop around
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

DigiCorn

I might have screwed up the model number (boss screwed up the model number).

Anyone have, or anyone know anyone who has an EFI 1625H LED wide format? Can't find any information on it, other than this: http://w3.efi.com/WideFormat/Products/EFIH1625LED

Looking for anyone's experiences with this wide format imager. Can't find anything out about it on the interwebs, and looking for personal experiences in regard to quality, upkeep, ease-of-use/cleaning, types of materials/substrates, etc.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway