OSX & Indy CC update

Started by frailer, July 21, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Our situation here is parlous, IMO, but no-one aside fr 'Emma Peel' here with me seems to understand that. We don't dig into Indy too much, particularly for incoming customer files; near 100% PDF in, unless there are 'issues'. Even then..

But, we've had to use IDMLs on a couple recently, and I've not done a check to see whether/how far, we're behind.

My question... Is 10.6.8 OK to run the latest Indy CC?

Adobe Applications Mgr...> follow the bouncing ball, right?

Friday here, TG.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Slappy

I'm kind of inclined to say you can't get past CC 2014 on that OS version. From the mothership:

"All 2015 Creative Cloud desktop apps have a minimum operating system requirement of Mac OS X 10.9 "
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Slappy is correct. You are really outdated on that version of OS X.

OS X 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x have already fallen by the wayside and in a couple of months 10.11.x is going to join them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Farabomb

I feel your pain, until I figure out a new imposition solution I'm stuck on Senior Leopard too.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on July 25, 2016, 07:19:33 AMI feel your pain, until I figure out a new imposition solution I'm stuck on Senior Leopard too.

You moving away from Preps?

Farabomb

Don't know but I am open to options. Since I have EVO the impo isn't integrated so I'm open to anything that spits out a .jdf I believe.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I think in this day and age they all do. Just depends on how much you want to spend. A stand alone imp program is going to be majorly expensive. You get the ones that impose within Acrobat for a reasonable price though.

frailer

I can't give the bundled impo with Fujifilm XMF a big enough wrap. Bloody terrific. Factor in what you may pay for a standalone.

Farabomb

XMF is basically the only choice when we finally upgrade the workflow. That means never seeing as I can't even get money to upgrade a computer.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job