Web Design request

Started by Joe, December 31, 2010, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I had a request, locally, to create a web site. They sent me to the following web site, as they liked the design, and wanted their design to be "something like this".

http://www.vinylcds.com/

I couldn't even hide my disgust and told them I wasn't interested. :puke2:

Is it just me or is that not one of the ugliest sites ever created?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

The immediate AQUA blast sent me into pre-cardiac arrest. WTF? :laugh: But seriously, why wouldn't you do it? We are whores... charge them up the ass and walk away laughing.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on December 31, 2010, 04:24:55 PMI have standards. :tongue:

Let go. I did... the dark side is.... HORRIBLE! HELP!
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I let go years ago in printing. Shit in...shit out. But I didn't design it so I don't care.

This is something I have to create. And I know your artistic talents. You would never create crap for someone.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on December 31, 2010, 04:32:58 PMI let go years ago in printing. Shit in...shit out. But I didn't design it so I don't care.

This is something I have to create. And I know your artistic talents. You would never create crap for someone.

I do it every month.... the magazine. I have NEVER been so embarrassed to work on something in my life. I am in a position, where I have become what I most despise... a desinger. I can tell you this: that POS mag is THE most technically sound publication produced. :laugh:

I am working on my 12th issue. I have sent a PDF to the printer via sendspace and have not one time ever had to fix it, resend it or requested to do it differently. Matter of fact, they actually meet their deadline BECAUSE they can drop and print and not have to worry about it. No changes, no fixes... just hit the "print" button. I spend more time fixing everything, than I do actually desinging it. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

So in other words...it's NOT crap? Point made. Thanks :tongue:

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on December 31, 2010, 04:24:55 PMI have standards. :tongue:

But that site sure doesn't. It fails web standards in every possible way. MS FrontPage. :laugh:

I don't know if I've ever posted the link to the worst website in the world, but here it is. Be careful!

http://www.hosanna1.com/
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

That's bad but I don't know if I would classify it as "the worst". I've seen some humdingers in my time.

Farabomb

I see Stevie Wonder branched out to web design.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

LOL. Probably some Photoshop dork who thinks using Frontpage = "I can do web design"
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DCurry

On top of the poor design, there is a greedy apostrophe ("ALL ITEM'S FULLY GUARANTEED ALL THE TIMES") Not to mention the "s" at the end of that phrase - are they talking about the font Times?

If you dig a little deeper it says the site was created by HaulAss. That just makes me chuckle for some reason. We should bombard him with emails telling him how great we think the site is!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Maybe I need a kewl name like that for my web design.

DCurry

I think you should take the job, Joe, and make it your personal mission to make it even uglier than the example site. That really would be a challenge.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

I don't know. The guy has already put himself into a class of his own with the heavy usage of Comic Sans.