An issue with a customer supplied .ps file

Started by Lumpy, June 03, 2011, 10:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syphon

Quote from: david on June 03, 2011, 01:25:44 PMquestion---
if they're savvy enough to give you a .ps file, why not a stupid pdf?  They're easier to make, especially when you have missing images.
There is no such thing as a "easy to make pdf" when clients do it.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: Syphon on June 03, 2011, 05:33:57 PM
Quote from: david on June 03, 2011, 01:25:44 PMquestion---
if they're savvy enough to give you a .ps file, why not a stupid pdf?  They're easier to make, especially when you have missing images.
There is no such thing as a "easy to make pdf" when clients do it.
2010 makes decent PDFs for a digital workflow...I'd rather have that than their Pub file...hate it when I'm forced to use it.  :death:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

frailer

We don't do a lot of these, but lately have had reasonable luck getting in-house to Save/Export PDfs from Pub. Or maybe they were just better files than average.
If you're getting a few of them, PUB2ID is not very expensive. Gets you outa injun territory, at least. That way you can do  Rooster Cockburn...reassess in a calm manner.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Lumpy

Oh I forgot to add this in, I a called them about the problem to see what they had done the job in and she informed me and I  quote,
"We did it in Publisher, but we're supposed to be getting Adobe and we're getting trained on it next week sometime". :lmao:
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

gnubler

Great. Have fun with those "Adobe" files.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Oh gosh! Now you're gonna get files with elements using 5 different effects, all kinds of layers, idiotic names for colors and still no links because they can't figure out the "package" function.
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: Lumpy on June 07, 2011, 09:23:18 AMOh I forgot to add this in, I a called them about the problem to see what they had done the job in and she informed me and I  quote,
"We did it in Publisher, but we're supposed to be getting Adobe and we're getting trained on it next week sometime". :lmao:

Don't get your hopes up. They probably just bought Photoshop.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on June 07, 2011, 09:33:48 AMOh gosh! Now you're gonna get files with elements using 5 different effects, all kinds of layers, idiotic names for colors and still no links because they can't figure out the "package" function.

He's also gonna get phonecalls...

"How do I type in it?"
"What's transparency?"

:death:

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

maybe they'll let you wear their shirt...

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Quote from: david on June 07, 2011, 10:47:21 AMmaybe they'll let you wear their shirt...

I'd rather do it in the..... ahhhh, nvm.
Hi David.  :hello:

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler