Do not install latest Apple Security Update.

Started by Duffy, February 02, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffy

Do not install Apples latest security update issued yesterday... It breaks all print dialogs as well as file save dialogs in Rosetta Applications... these include all Rampage clients below 12.1B10 as well as the Print dialog in Preps 5

Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Skryber

I hate installing updates ever. It's always something goes wonky.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Ear

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. Also a good idea if you don't buy RAM from Apple.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

thanks for the heads up.
I am delaying the update until I check it out.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

I got that email this morning, but I had installed the OS 10.6 update yesterday. My Rampage works fine (10.4).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Duffy

Did not install this AM because of it - can't loose Preps on a day like today!
If you find otherwise, please let us know.
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

JMC

The Rampage client will start up... try changing a path for your FPO... or try printing a monitor proof from the trapit window...

DigiCorn

Quote from: JMC on February 02, 2012, 02:23:44 PMThe Rampage client will start up... try changing a path for your FPO... or try printing a monitor proof from the trapit window...
:sad: :hangme:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Santa

Also causes Dynastrip 4 to crash upon saving. Good thing only one computer was updated.