Cool folding panel utility

Started by DCurry, July 16, 2009, 08:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Saw this on InDesign Secrets - very cool. I slapped our logo on it and sent it to our sales people to send out as needed:

http://indesignsecrets.com/amazing-folding-calculator-pdf.php
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

almaink

Like I posted over at InDesign secrets, that thing is useless as is unless you want you sheet size determined by the cover size.  If say I want my tri fold to have a 3 3/4" cover instead of the normal 3 11/16" it makes the sheet size larger, instead of reducing the tuck-in panel. Nice idea tho, and with an extra form field for sheet length, as well as hight, it would be perfect.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

DigitalCrapShoveler

Actually it works great, but I see your point. There are two ways of doing it... Alma's way, which modifies the overall length of the piece taking into account all the folds, and NOT modifying the overall size and having off panel sizes. It's really a preference to a Desinger, but could make a serious difference in the Bindery.
Member #285 - Civilian

Lumpy

Cool. Thanks Dan, it'll come in handy here.
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

pspdfppdfxhd

I like this alot except our boss wants a 1/32 inch smaller panel on the roll fold and this one seems to default at 1/16 inch. It would be great to send to designers...

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

I couldn't get it to adjust to the full sheet size, it acts like you need an undercut of a 1/16"