Design Challange. . . .

Started by Lammy, August 05, 2008, 10:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lammy

OK I'm burnt and can't come up with anything I'm liking so I figure I'll give all yous guys a crack at it.

I need a logo. Biggest catch is it's for letterpress so some limitations do apply. I can get a metal or polymer plate made for it so your not stuck to movable type ;) screens are most likely out of the question though. The logo is for Full Metal Press.

Have at it.
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

LoganBlade

Full Metal Press

That is the logo company you need help with. and it is going to print on a letter press?
"dyslexics have more fnu"

David

what type of business is it and how many colors?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

EyeTech

We all run on empty sometimes. (Me more than most)

I like to trawl through this site to get a few ideas..

http://www.misipile.com/

...clean and simple solids are what you'd need for a letterpress job - or you could go for a blind emboss if it's for stationery.

'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

gnubler

Cool...you typed "challange" exactly how I pronounce it when I'm trying to sound French, spoken with a sultry sh at the beginning.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on August 06, 2008, 09:53:43 AMCool...you typed "challange" exactly how I pronounce it when I'm trying to sound French, spoken with a sultry sh at the beginning.

Seig Heil Grammar Nazi!
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

'Tis my calling in life. I stay pretty busy going through every blog on the Internet, leaving comments on posts that have spelling & grammar errors in them. You do realize I'm going to change the world, one typo at a time.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on August 06, 2008, 10:11:34 AM'Tis my calling in life. I stay pretty busy going through every blog on the Internet, leaving comments on posts that have spelling & grammar errors in them. You do realize, I'm going to change the world , one typo at a time.

:ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on August 06, 2008, 10:19:42 AM
Quote from: gnubler on August 06, 2008, 10:11:34 AM'Tis my calling in life. I stay pretty busy going through every blog on the Internet, leaving comments on posts that have spelling & grammar errors in them. You do realize, I'm going to change the world , one typo at a time.

:ninja:

You! Do realize, I'm going to change the world. One. Typo. At. A. Time.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Lammy

yeah ummm speeling challenges aside. . . . Grow up the lot of you, huh.

This will be used in letterpress printing either as a metal cut with lead type or on a photopolymer plate. Single color no screens is preferable.

It's not a business exactly. It's a Private Press. Basically some geek in his basement printing things for entertainment. ;)
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

Joe

Kind of limiting without screens. Can't do the soft shadow, inner bevel, outer glow, reflection that is required in design class. Here is my lame and predictable effort though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Monkeyman

As is in all things, so must go into the night.

almaink

Here are my two feeble attempts at design, they look better in Illy.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers