Well this is pretty cool...

Started by Joe, May 20, 2015, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Oh man, Pre-WWF Wrestling. Good stuff.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Made in Taiwan

Quote from: Ear on May 22, 2015, 01:40:40 PMI remember, in 4th grade, after school.... The Fall Guy was on at 3:00 followed by He-Man and The Master's of The Universe. After the news, it would be Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf, etc... depending on what night it was.

A-Team, Knight Rider, Airwolf... They are the heroes of my childhood!
"B.A., take this Cola can and build me a tank!" - "OK Hannibal, no problem!" Cool days back then.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

Ear

:mrt:  I pity da fool who didn't watch A-Team.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

andyfest

Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Made in Taiwan

Quote from: Ear on May 23, 2015, 11:37:50 AM:mrt:  I pity da fool who didn't watch A-Team.
For everybody who didn't watch the A-Team and wants to make up this incredibly huge gap of knowledge, here you go:  :cane: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9IRUiF6JiaSQhk5GZEXUlg/videos

"I love it when a plan comes together!" 

Ear, how old are you? We should be pretty much the same age, I've watched all those series during my years at Elementary School, too. 

Farabomb

Ahh the shows of my childhood. I even had the Airwolf static model.

Ear's about 12 or so.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Made in Taiwan

Oh right I forgot here's a bunch of 12-year-olds...  :rotf:

The amazing thing about these series was that no matter how many bullets they've fired, nobody ever got killed. The good side would always win and the bad side would always get their ass kicked. Life should always be like this.

Possum

Nobody ever ran out of bullets, either. If they did, it was the bad guy, or another good guy had plenty to spare.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Killed? There wasn't even a drop of blood.

The bad guys did all go to the stormtrooper school of shooting though. Maybe, maybe once a season one of the main characters might get clipped to add tension but again, no blood.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Made in Taiwan

Actually nobody can be as bad in shooting as the bad guys... They're firing at least a thousand rounds with a machine gun, but not a single bullet hits the target.

No blood, but I remember Face regularly got his teeth knocked out... And the bad guys regularly got their eyes blacked.

born2print

Yeah! and why do storm troopers wear useless armor and helmets? :wtf:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

So they don't get knocked out bumping into doors.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

I'm 12 at heart and mind but my body has made 41 laps around the solar system. I figure maintaining my juvenile demeanor makes me a time traveler.