Partial vs. full re-rendering

Started by frailer, May 25, 2015, 07:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Not sure if this a bug or not, but here's the scenario.

Had to replace a work and turn cover stripping sheet template with a sheetwork one, so 4 up inside cover pairs/ outside pairs... from W&T 2-up complete.

Should not have affected the text pages at all. Now most times it will prompt to OK re-rendering of the affected section only. 
But sometimes it wants to re-render the whole job. Now, this can be because you've brought a page in, say, and instead of replacing it's added... therefore alarm bells should ring, as it's pushed the whole job out by one. You then see what's happened and fix it.

But sometimes no amount of investigation will reveal why it wants to re-render 'untouched' sides.

Anyone else encounter this?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on May 25, 2015, 07:11:17 PMNot sure if this a bug or not, but here's the scenario.

Had to replace a work and turn cover stripping sheet template with a sheetwork one, so 4 up inside cover pairs/ outside pairs... from W&T 2-up complete.

Should not have affected the text pages at all. Now most times it will prompt to OK re-rendering of the affected section only.
But sometimes it wants to re-render the whole job. Now, this can be because you've brought a page in, say, and instead of replacing it's added... therefore alarm bells should ring, as it's pushed the whole job out by one. You then see what's happened and fix it.

But sometimes no amount of investigation will reveal why it wants to re-render 'untouched' sides.

I have noticed this but never have put my finger on why it does it. I assume it would be to update the Sheet names/Marks on the plate.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on May 25, 2015, 09:13:25 PM
Quote from: frailer on May 25, 2015, 07:11:17 PMNot sure if this a bug or not, but here's the scenario.

But sometimes it wants to re-render the whole job. Now, this can be because you've brought a page in, say, and instead of replacing it's added... therefore alarm bells should ring, as it's pushed the whole job out by one. You then see what's happened and fix it.

I have noticed this but never have put my finger on why it does it. I assume it would be to update the Sheet names/Marks on the plate.
:homer:    I reckon that's all it is. And it must apply even though the sheet names for the other sheets may not have changed, I.e. it has to rename the first sheet from W&T to Front and Back, so it sees a change to all Mgt Info text.

I can't see it would be anything more than that,
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.