Mutoh E082Err PumpPhas

Started by baker7, February 10, 2016, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baker7

Hey guys I'm back to ask another question.  I'm getting the following error message on our Mutoh RJ-900 Pro: Mutoh E082Err PumpPhas.  I suspect the pump life is over and won't let me do a thing with the printer.  It was printing fine then the error msg popped up blinking and won't stop.  I tried resetting the pump back to zero, and doing a "deep clean" to no avail.

Now, the damn pump cap assembly is like $444 and there's some on ebay for much reasonable price in the area of $120, but shipped from China.  We need this machine up and running so Ebay is out of the question and my boss has no money to fork over nearly $500.

Is there any way I can just reset this somehow?  I took the thing apart and pulled the pump out then put everything back together and same error msg.  I also tried to find just the pump but every place I tried says it's not available and we have to purchase the entire assembly.

Our Mutoh supplier guy tells me it hit it's life counter and will not let the printer function, so once we pay an arm and a leg and put it in it'll function again.  I dunno.. a little bit suspicious of the info he's giving me.

Farabomb

Nope, Sounds exactly right. Happened to me on my epson. Are there some hacks to get around it? Maybe but you're just kicking the can down the road.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

baker7

But I want to kick the can down the road, until the one from China arrives after 2 weeks.  What do you think about the Chinese cap assemblies?  Same thing right?  Everything's made in China these days.

Diddler

You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!