News:

Main Menu

Joomla

Started by Joe, October 26, 2011, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

In the initial install I get this. Should I leave it as is?

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on October 27, 2011, 12:05:04 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on October 27, 2011, 12:01:49 PMWell you just convinced me to delete 1.5 and load 1.7. No reason to do all of it and just have to do it again. When installing it with host gator should I use something after the / or just leave it?

If you're building a site I would put it in a subfolder and hide it from search engines (use robots.txt file to disallow all bots)

You mean until it goes live right? I find it's easy to create a sub domain in CPanel and assign it's own folder there (not in public_html). Build it there and then when ready move it to public_html and modify the configuration.php file to pint to the new location.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on October 27, 2011, 12:20:53 PMIn the initial install I get this. Should I leave it as is?

Yest, if you have the files in public_html. If you placed the files in a folder inside of public_html then you need to enter that folder name in that box.

Farabomb

I have jack shit anywhere. This it totally from scratch. I obviously need to build it somewhere then transfer it when it goes live. I'm just bumbling around this with no clue.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Create sub domain called

beta.ontargetprinting.com in the folder

/beta

not public_html/beta

It will create the beta folder for you. Then copy the joomla compressed installer to this folder and within the CPanel file manger select the compressed file and click the uncompress button.

Not sure on joomla but you may need to create the database and assign it permissions before you start the install You will need the name of your database and the user name you assiged to the database. All done in the database manager in CPanel.

then start the installer by entering

http://beta.ontargetprinting.com/

in the browser. Follow the prompts and make sure you install the sample data or you'll be lost.

gnubler

Meet ya at the boozer tonight, F-bomb. :hello:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Think I've got that down, now on to creating articles with some bacon ipsum filler.

Might leave early and pick up another 64oz prepress energy drink.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Our new newspaper site is set to launch this week for work. Probably on Thursday if I don't commit suicide before then. :hangme:

David

cool, you build it all?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on October 27, 2011, 02:10:23 PMThink I've got that down, now on to creating articles with some bacon ipsum filler.

Might leave early and pick up another 64oz prepress energy drink.

Hey, that's some local stuff. I have a couple of those bottles sitting on the fridge.  :goodpost:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: david on November 14, 2011, 12:32:23 PMcool, you build it all?

Yes. 100% me...well other than a real designer doing some of the design. I did the technical side. No one else to blame!

gnubler

I can't wait to see it so I can more closely feel your pain.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

yes Joe, you must share....

the web site, not so much the pain and blame.

:laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I will once it goes public. It is not a W2P site for our commercial printing business or anything like that. It is just a web site for our local small town newspaper that we own. Mostly just local news and events.

Joe

Finally finished this up yesterday. Whew....